U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 10:45 AM

79 posts, read 282,813 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

We are moving to St Pete, close to downtown and wanted to find out average utility bill costs there?

In Tampa, I pay around $65 for water/sewer/trash and it's very consistant. I am a 25 year old female with one roommate, so there is usually 2 showers per day, 6 loads of laundry per week and the dishwasher ran twice a week on average. Our garbage pickup comes twice per week also (I find this pointless but oh well).

Electric in our 2 bed, 1 bath block house 1100 sq ft runs between $75-$140. Probably averages around $110-$125 per month depending on use.

Can anyone advise if rates are similar, primarily for the water/sewer/trash charges? We will be renting a house and want to budget that in if it's not included (we are finding most houses are not including it in the rentals right now).

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,068,998 times
It's going to be a little bit higher. If your usage was ZERO, it would still be over $50 a month with taxes.

St Petersburg utility costs (before taxes) for my single family home:

Water+Sewer - Base charge - $20.25/mo
Water+Sewer - Usage charges - $7.55/1000 gal
Garbage - $22.33/mo
Stormwater Mgmt Fee - $6.84/mo
Reclaimed Water (you may or may not have this) - $17.63/mo

Electric rates between Tampa Electric and Progress Energy (St Pete) are usually within 5-10% of each other.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:42 PM

323 posts, read 616,654 times
If you're looking at a particular house, just email Progress Energy and ask them for the average bill over the last 12 months. Assuming that it's been occupied for the last year, it should give something to go on. Of course the number of people living there and their usage varying from yours is going to make a difference, but at least it'll give you an idea. I've done this with 3 different properties in the last month or two and they always get back to me within 2 business days.

I don't know if you can do the same with the water bill, but it'd be worth a phone call if your concerned.

On a side note, 6 loads of laundry for two people in a week?! Holy moly, I'm going to say we probably average 3. That dryer sucks a ton of energy so if you can cut that down a couple loads, I think you'll be surprised how much it saves.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:47 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,068,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by druthb00 View Post
On a side note, 6 loads of laundry for two people in a week?! Holy moly, I'm going to say we probably average 3. That dryer sucks a ton of energy so if you can cut that down a couple loads, I think you'll be surprised how much it saves.
Let's not bash people for their lifestyles. I do 6 loads a week, and I'm a single guy. I also have a terrible habit that I picked up while I was traveling 200+ days a year -- I never use the same towel twice. Thankfully, I have a gas dryer.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:10 AM

119 posts, read 236,330 times
We live in a 2bed 2bath apt and pay 150-170/mo electric. Air is set on 77. We would love to open our windows, but theres only 2 out of 3 that we can open (I work nights and my black curtains are stapled against our window frame..lol)...we don't pay water...

Old 07-12-2013, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 10,946 times
Default I'm looking for insight about gas bills

I'm thinking of buying a house that has a gas stove and dryer. Can anyone tell me what the average monthly bill would be? Average cooking and about 3 loads of laundry a week. thanks.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:28 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,112,736 times
We have a gas heater and gas water heater and on average, its less than 30 a month (15 of that being a "customer charge" for customer service). Gas is pretty cheap here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay