Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 09:59 AM

119 posts, read 253,442 times

Advertisements

My hubby and I moved to St Pete in April from Indy, IN and I'm loving it. I must say that it's been a HUGE adjustment as we had sold our house and moved down here not knowing exactly where we were moving to and both of us starting brand new jobs. I love that I can go to the beach whenever I want to and can still wear flipflops in November!! The only thing I miss about IN is my family, of course...going back for a visit in Jan. LOVE LOVE LOVE FLORIDA!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 11:13 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrn2112 View Post
My hubby and I moved to St Pete in April from Indy, IN and I'm loving it. I must say that it's been a HUGE adjustment as we had sold our house and moved down here not knowing exactly where we were moving to and both of us starting brand new jobs. I love that I can go to the beach whenever I want to and can still wear flipflops in November!! The only thing I miss about IN is my family, of course...going back for a visit in Jan. LOVE LOVE LOVE FLORIDA!!

Great news.
I'm delighted you're enjoying this wonderful state like so many millions of others.

( There's a certain gimp gonna be along soon to try to rain on your parade. Ignore whatever is said. )

Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 AM

745 posts, read 1,582,359 times
I can't wait to move there!! I'm so excited myself! What area do you live in and what areas do you suggest checking out?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,729 times
Quote:

Right? which area are you in or near and any recommendations so far for neighborhoods (not 55 plus)?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
The only thing I miss about IN is my family, of course...going back for a visit in Jan.
More likely they'll come visit you in January..

Old 11-20-2012, 06:00 PM

323 posts, read 684,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Great news.
I'm delighted you're enjoying this wonderful state like so many millions of others.

( There's a certain gimp gonna be along soon to try to rain on your parade. Ignore whatever is said. )
LOL, So true. And I second the advice to ignore it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
More likely they'll come visit you in January..
True again....and then they'll be coming in January and again in October/November. I'm from Indiana as well (though closer to Chicago than Indy) and my family practically lives here (in shifts!) from October through March.

I'm glad you're here in FL, we can always use positive productive people (who can't?)

Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 AM

350 posts, read 333,215 times
GREAT!!!! We moved from Bedford, Indiana 4.5 years ago and continue to be completely delighted with everything!!! WELCOME, fellow Hoosiers!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 06:28 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
The anti-all group here must be steaming.

Welcome, enjoy, prosper.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,030 times
So happy that you are enjoying it. We feel exactly the same. I know I have said it before, but when the weather turned and the humidity broke, these are the 6-7 months that there is no place that I would rather be then here in FLORIDA

LOVE THE POSTERS THAT ARE CALLING OUT THE NAY SAYERS.

Spend any amount of time on here and you learn to ignore them!!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:30 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Glad you're enjoying it! Hope to join all you Florida lovers in the spring/summer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay