Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 06:08 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Correct, no CDDs in my development.

Regarding traffic, there is a lot less gridlock in the eastern Palm Harbor area where I travel. East Lake Road/611. The traffic I encounter in Tampa has been far worse whenever I go there. I try to avoid driving in Tampa at all costs. I prefer staying in the east side of 19 in Pinellas County.
There is nothing "east of 19" except some developments immediately around Lake Tarpon and to get anywhere, you have to use McMullen Booth/East Lake Rd. McMullen Booth is horrible, Tampa Rd is horrible, if you have to drive to downtown for work, it's about the worst thing possible. There are no entertainment / restaurants / shopping "east of 19" so in order to "do stuff" or shop, you have to venture into and through the "land of the traffic lights"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 07:48 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
There is nothing "east of 19" except some developments immediately around Lake Tarpon and to get anywhere, you have to use McMullen Booth/East Lake Rd. McMullen Booth is horrible, Tampa Rd is horrible, if you have to drive to downtown for work, it's about the worst thing possible. There are no entertainment / restaurants / shopping "east of 19" so in order to "do stuff" or shop, you have to venture into and through the "land of the traffic lights"
There are upscale neighborhoods along East Lake Road, which is where I live. That is east of 19, right along Lake Tarpon. I travel East Lake Road/McMullen Booth/611 every day and it is easy as can be. The traffic flows very nicely during rush hour and there is no traffic to speak of during non rush hour times. Now the traffic in Tampa is a freaking nightmare, especially when having to constantly shift lanes. You can keep it. I have many conveniences almost direct across the street from my neighborhood and every I could ever want just 5 to 15 minutes down the road from me. I'll take that, along with a kick a@@ neighborhood, lake tarpon boat access, golf and parks, all in walking distance......thank you very much.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
There are upscale neighborhoods along East Lake Road, which is where I live. That is east of 19, right along Lake Tarpon. I travel East Lake Road/McMullen Booth/611 every day and it is easy as can be. The traffic flows very nicely during rush hour and there is no traffic to speak of during non rush hour times. Now the traffic in Tampa is a freaking nightmare, especially when having to constantly shift lanes. You can keep it. I have many conveniences almost direct across the street from my neighborhood and every I could ever want just 5 to 15 minutes down the road from me. I'll take that, along with a kick a@@ neighborhood, lake tarpon boat access, golf and parks, all in walking distance......thank you very much.
You are nuts.

It backs up all the time at the bend at Sandy Pt Rd by the park, and up by 580, 590, curlew, Enterpise... etc

I never said there was not nice housing (there is), but virtually no ammenities up there outside the standard publix, strip malls, etc

You are driving to countryside mall or up and down the nightmare that US 19 is and heaven forbid you have to commute to tampa and have to deal with Tampa rd/Hillsborough Ave

Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 AM

188 posts, read 332,012 times
Quote:
Oh, yes. We really liked the area along East Lake Road too! Neither of us works in Tampa so the commute is a non-issue.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
You are nuts.

It backs up all the time at the bend at Sandy Pt Rd by the park, and up by 580, 590, curlew, Enterpise... etc

I never said there was not nice housing (there is), but virtually no ammenities up there outside the standard publix, strip malls, etc

You are driving to countryside mall or up and down the nightmare that US 19 is and heaven forbid you have to commute to tampa and have to deal with Tampa rd/Hillsborough Ave
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not nuts. I just happen to know what I'm talking about. Like I said, there is traffic during rush hour, but it flows nicely. During none rush hour, there is not much traffic at all. Tampa on the other hand is a challenge most of the time due to the design of the road system and the constant changing of and dropping off of lanes.

But hey, not all people want to deal in reality. Some people simply want to trash areas they don't happen to live in or sometimes they are simply ignorant of the facts and say things they believe to be facts.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native2UT View Post
Oh, yes. We really liked the area along East Lake Road too! Neither of us works in Tampa so the commute is a non-issue.
I'm glad you like it. It always stood out to us as something special. Many great and upscale neighborhoods, safe, great access to amenities, no traffic issues, wonderful parks, lake tarpon and more, all while paying far lower taxes than Westchase and many other areas. Why pay all the taxes and CDDs in Westchase, simply to be stuck in horrible traffic and be backed up to questionable areas and crime?

Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not nuts. I just happen to know what I'm talking about. Like I said, there is traffic during rush hour, but it flows nicely. During none rush hour, there is not much traffic at all. Tampa on the other hand is a challenge most of the time due to the design of the road system and the constant changing of and dropping off of lanes.

But hey, not all people want to deal in reality. Some people simply want to trash areas they don't happen to live in or sometimes they are simply ignorant of the facts and say things they believe to be facts.
Are you saying that the traffic from where you are is better than from Westchase going to Tampa? That seems to be where you are working. If that is the case, then indeed you are nuts.

OP: If commute is not an issue, then you have lots of places to chose from. Just make sure you separate these three, property tax, CDD, and HOA. I was referring to property tax only. If you want cheap property tax, then that is Pasco. The other two has similar cost for the two counties. CDD and HOA fee are really depend by subdivision. Even in Westchase, the amounts vary substantially. So, you would have too check case by case.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:

Traffic is great in the area if you work from home, dont have to drive any great distances, never have to venture to Tampa, or on 19. Yea, it's great if you live inside a box.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Traffic is bad all over the whole area. If you want cheap taxes move to west Pasco and pay under $300 a year.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Traffic is bad all over the whole area. If you want cheap taxes move to west Pasco and pay under $300 a year.
I hear moon lake is nice.

Real tolerant people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay