Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

Although there have been some who suggest that a new real estate boom, or at the very least a recovery, seems to be contrary to news that Tampa now again leads the nation in foreclosures and repossessions of homes.

Foreclosure filings rise again in Florida and Tampa Bay area - Tampa Bay Times

What ever was going on in increased sales is something the stock market calls a dead cat bounce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 02:54 AM

158 posts, read 227,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Although there have been some who suggest that a new real estate boom, or at the very least a recovery, seems to be contrary to news that Tampa now again leads the nation in foreclosures and repossessions of homes.

Foreclosure filings rise again in Florida and Tampa Bay area - Tampa Bay Times

What ever was going on in increased sales is something the stock market calls a dead cat bounce.
The real estate market and the economy in general is being throttled by this never ending drip. Anyone talking about this market as a real estate boom likely has a financial interest in creating the appearance of one.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:21 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
It is happening because so many were forgiven on their loans or believe that they are foregiven and don't expect the letter coming in the mail in a few years for th difference...

Others fee they can do the same and stop paying and live for free with lousy lawyers encouraging them to stay as along as possible for free so the lawyers get as much fees as possible...

Some people lost their jobs due to the economy and had no other solution but that is not even 10% of all foreclosures...Most people feel they are entitled due to the loss of "equity"..

They forget they moved in with zero down and paid less or equal to a renter and didn't loose anything because they didn't sell..it was just on paper!

i hope they lenders/investors will do the right thing ad go after these free loaders in the upcoming years because the rest of uskept paying and paying the price!

Old 12-13-2012, 05:34 AM

315 posts, read 652,178 times
geez, really!!! You would never believe it by reading these message boards. Seems like the realtors have an agenda on here

Old 12-13-2012, 05:55 AM

693 posts, read 1,138,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
geez, really!!! You would never believe it by reading these message boards. Seems like the realtors have an agenda on here
The only agenda that I have seen is hatred of money! I cant tell you how many agents wont even talk to me because I am not IN Florida ready to buy even though both will happen soon enough. When I was in sales many years ago you took the today customer and the tomorrow customer who will be the today customer one day.

I just assumed with all the boom now from homes being sold and built that they didnt have time for me, with this article it makes me wonder, what are they doing during the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is happening because so many were forgiven on their loans
What an amazing deal, mortgages forgiven?!?! Never heard of such a thing, why would a bank do this? Leads me to wonder, if its forgiven how would it foreclose?

Old 12-13-2012, 06:43 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
I dunno. Home builders are building homes in the area again. There is a new subdivision being built near Bearrs and Lake Magadalene.

I just bought my house a little over a year ago and DW is already wanting to trade up for a nicer one. LOL

Old 12-13-2012, 07:02 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
It depends on the area, the house across the street from me sold @ asking price in 1 day the sign went up with pending contract on it already. Last two houses that sold on my block were also no time in the market , torn down and replaced by a mcmansion. Banks were in a holding pattern for a couple of years, first the robo sign thing, then the first wave of federal assistance. Now with the mortgage crisis no longer in the forefront, replaced with the fiscal cliff and pending austerity measures, its highly unlikely that any new programs will get passed, you will see lot of the defaults turn into foreclosures.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 AM

315 posts, read 652,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I dunno. Home builders are building homes in the area again. There is a new subdivision being built near Bearrs and Lake Magadalene.

I just bought my house a little over a year ago and DW is already wanting to trade up for a nicer one. LOL
oh boy, same problems different cycle, I am seeing the same thing as well off racetrack and montague rd

The home builders sole business is to build homes, naturally this business model is flawed because there is only X amount of land available, so sooner or later land runs out, a bubble bursts or economic demand dictates who is buying new builds.

Well the home builders need to build no matter what so even though there is plenty of inventory in the area, they dont mind tearing down acres of land to build houses because well that is their business model So they tear down acres of forest to build these cookie cutter worthless houses and FL has the same problems with housing over and over and over again. Nothing will change greed is good remember. Oh and btw screw the envornment soon they will pave over the everglades and wonder why they cant get a peg to stick into the bedrock there or cant contant flooding.

It is time Florida inacted new laws to protect itself from these greedy corporations whose CEOs btw dont even live down here.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,153 times
How can anyone blame a Real Estate Agent for this?? Are you serious? Some Agents get a bad reputation for saying BUY, BUY, BUY. I don't see that happening here at all.

Quote from the article: Court delays and the "robo-signing" scandal over shoddy foreclosure filings have dragged out many cases in recent years. Foreclosures in Florida take an average of 858 days to complete, allowing some homeowners to live for years without making mortgage payments.

Well over 2 years of living mortgage free on the average. Unbelieveable!

Nobody on City Data here is saying buy now, what everyone that has access to the MLS is saying that the amount of homes available (Inventory) in certain price ranges is way down. It is. Try finding homes right now for less than 150K that are worth 150K. Last year there were literally 100's to choose from, that is not the case now.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:42 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
How can anyone blame a Real Estate Agent for this?? Are you serious? Some Agents get a bad reputation for saying BUY, BUY, BUY. I don't see that happening here at all.

Quote from the article: Court delays and the "robo-signing" scandal over shoddy foreclosure filings have dragged out many cases in recent years. Foreclosures in Florida take an average of 858 days to complete, allowing some homeowners to live for years without making mortgage payments.

Well over 2 years of living mortgage free on the average. Unbelieveable!

Nobody on City Data here is saying buy now, what everyone that has access to the MLS is saying that the amount of homes available (Inventory) in certain price ranges is way down. It is. Try finding homes right now for less than 150K that are worth 150K. Last year there were literally 100's to choose from, that is not the case now.
Some people just want to blame big companies and CEO's to feel better about living for free themselves!

Just let them talk, it is not worth it.

I agree with you nobody is saying BUY, BUY, BUY simple because offers are coming in so fast we don't need to ask for it...and any home that is for a long time on the market is overpriced or a very bad location, uninsurable and/or very high HOA fees...the rest will sell faster than in the previous years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay