Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:10 PM

4 posts, read 8,211 times

Advertisements

South Tampa appears to be out of our price range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 04:46 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Traci View Post
South Tampa is beautiful, but housing IS expensive.

Have you looked into Safety Harbor yet? I'm wondering if the commute would be too much from there. It's across the bridge from the South Tampa area, but not sure what that would translate to in minutes with traffic and everything.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:11 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
Quote:
Carrollwood would be it then; between Northdale Blvd and Before Busch Blvd is your best bet.

Its an easy hop on 275 to go in each way.
Attached Thumbnails
Moving to Tampa in June 2013-region-capture-3.jpg   Moving to Tampa in June 2013-region-capture-5.png  

Old 12-20-2012, 06:41 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
So much depends on what you and your wife are looking for in a house. S. Tampa is a great area and highly sought after because of location, schools and shopping. You actually have 2 ways to get to Pinellas county. The good news is the homes often have larger lots compared to newer subdivisions. The bad news is the homes are older and often been remodeled which is the reason the for the higher price. There are also trees which you don't find in a lot of areas. There are houses in your price range, check out the 33611. I would consider living closer to the one area if you can't find an in-between both places.

I personally like Carrollwood but don't think it is a good choice for either of the places you will be working. The traffic is BAD during rush hour and just getting either work place is at least an hour if not more during rush hour. Plus you have to remember Tampa gets a lot of rain and it always seems to happen right before or during rush hour.

Check out Valrico area. You will be close to the Fair Grounds and not far from I75 and you can take the expressway to I275 all depending on where you will be working. Zip code 33594

Old 12-20-2012, 07:32 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,145 times
Is there any way you can only work in one of the two places? LOL Seriously, your employer really has you going either way. Is it going to be split 50/50 between the two areas? If one area will be worked at more than the other you may want to move closest to that location and then the days you have to go to the distant location will be known as "crappy commute days"

You need to let us know what you want.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:32 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,201,862 times
Quote:
I hear ya. Why pay 300K and live in a shack?

I second Safety Harbor in that case.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:36 AM

45 posts, read 79,082 times
Sounds like you wouldn't like new tampa, but would get a good house for your money. South Tampa sounds like what you want, but you won't get much for your money there. Valrico is worse than new Tampa IMO. Carrolwood might be the compromise.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:13 PM

3 posts, read 3,680 times
Default looking for info on tampa payscale

I recently moved to colorado from the east coast and not really feeling comfortable here. I lived in Fl. before but I was a tech at the time. Im trying to get an idea of what Dialysis RNs make before I make the move. Is there anyone that has atleast 5yrs exp. that would have an idea what Dialysis nurses make out there. I dont want to make a big move again without some guidance. Thanks

Old 12-20-2012, 11:46 PM

4 posts, read 8,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Is there any way you can only work in one of the two places? LOL Seriously, your employer really has you going either way. Is it going to be split 50/50 between the two areas? If one area will be worked at more than the other you may want to move closest to that location and then the days you have to go to the distant location will be known as "crappy commute days"

You need to let us know what you want.
I'm not sure yet which office I will be in most. It's possible that I will only be in one of them once a week, so it's crucial that I figure that out. I should have more of an idea in February, but I am going to fly down in February for a few days and want to spend some time exploring the places mentioned here. So far, it sounds like there's some consensus about two places in particular: Safety Harbor and Carrollwood. When we buy we will be looking for a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom, one level (preferred), with an enclosed in-ground pool, two car garage, and a separate space that can be used as an art studio for my wife. Or a three car garage would serve the same purpose. Just has to accomodate a kiln that needs venting to the outside.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:48 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,846 times
Quote:
When we buy we will be looking for a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom, one level (preferred), with an enclosed in-ground pool, two car garage, and a separate space that can be used as an art studio for my wife. Or a three car garage would serve the same purpose. Just has to accomodate a kiln that needs venting to the outside.
If your wife is into art, then she will really enjoy Safety Harbor. There are a TON of artists living here and the community is a huge supporter of the visual arts.

Keep in mind that the housing selection will not be huge here. Safety Harbor is not a very large community and nicer homes tend to get snatched up rather quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay