Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,526,311 times

Advertisements

I lived in Florida for eight years, and to say that it is a paradise is so far from the truth! Florida is flat as a pancake, surrounded mostly by swamps and wetlands, and yes, some beautiful beaches, that's for sure. I won't say that it is a bad state to live in, actually is very good state to live in, cheap and laid back, but it is so overrated by people that don't live there! I moved to Arizona, and in just 3 months I have seen and done so much that is plain ridiculous! I lived specifically in Orlando, and I used to take trips to Miami, Tampa Bay Area, Jacksonville, Savannah and Atlanta in Georgia, and while it was fun, I was never as blown away as I was when I went to Flagstaff, Sedona, Apache Trail, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Tucson and the 5 hours trip to San Diego! I'm not saying Arizona is better, I just think Florida is overrated and a lot of people move there expecting a paradise that doesn't exist!

Old 01-07-2013, 02:46 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Wow. Say what you will about SpringHillian and Mike1306, but I have yet to see them post something as rude and filthy as this.
I hate when the good posts get deleted before I see them.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:11 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia10 View Post
I don't think it is right for you to call those who have a different opinion "haters"! I think it is VERY INSULTING of you to do so.

Its like comparing shoes...I don't HAVE to have the same opinion as you do, and the fact that you and others around this board choose to continually be rude to the ones who's opinions differs than yours shows that you have no manners period.

Please refrain from calling us "haters" in the future. It is VERY disrespectful considering that you don't know any of us personally, nor you will, nor our backgrounds, nor our past/present/future circumstances, and the "internet" does not give you the right to insult us for not agreeing blindfolded with you, and your opinions. We are expressing our side of the story, and you don't have to attack us for it. If there is a post that you disagree with, then express disagreement without trying to tell everyone "how perfect/pretty" etc it is for you. You are not the only one living here, there are 19 million people living in FL, you must understand that NOT ALL live the same life as you do.

If we call it "realtor propaganda" it means that we've seen it before, because we LIVED HERE while you JUST moved here. OK! We have seen drooveesss before...you had to be here between 2004 and 2006 and work at my hubby's company then...THEN you would have seen the DROOOOVVVEEESSSSSS. Thousands of cheap homes built all over the place, sold at insane prices because builders/realtors/mortgage companies figured "everyone" wants to live in FL....yeah, blah, blah, blah, we've seen this before, and we also seen how they all left in 2008.

The problem is not the drooooveeeessss, the problem is that NO ONE that moves here from up north brings anything of value to this area. THAT is what I care about. They bring NOTHING, they all talk about "their sense of community" blah, blah, blah yet they fail miserably to implement that here in their "new home state"!

Thanks.
You start off talking about opinions and manners and then end it off with. "the problem is that NO ONE that moves here from up north brings anything of value to this area". Do I really need to point out how polar opposite the two points are?

The person who mentioned realtor propaganda did so at a point in the thread when not one realtor had yet posted, the article had nothing to do with housing. The only line in the entire article that mentioned housing was, "Housing also is a key, experts say. As the country continues to recover from the recession, the housing market in Florida has remained favorable to buyers.". Not one realtor was interviewed, no real estate figures were in the article, basically it had absolutely noting to to with real estate.

Please look at some that posted the negative view in the thread and those that have posted in a respectable manner before you go posting, "does not give you the right to insult us for not agreeing blindfolded with you, and your opinions. ". I don't think it was a positive post that had to be deleted.

And when you said, "If there is a post that you disagree with, then express disagreement without trying to tell everyone "how perfect/pretty" etc it is for you.". Does it bother you to read that in someones opinion it is perfect and pretty? So now opinions can not be expressed? I generally stick with facts but sometimes stray to my own opinion as do many here. If people make it clear that something is their opinion that should be fine just as long as the opinion does not try to push across blanket statements for an area as fact rather than opinion. You know, like statements that you have made that you hate what ever are you were living because there are no sidewalks but a quick google map view showed many sidewalks, just not going exactly where you needed to go. There was an example of your opinion, "hate the area", and a statement of supposed fact which was proven to be wrong, "no sidewalks but a quick google map view showed many sidewalks".

Don't hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay