Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 06:24 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times

Advertisements

Sweet! Glad we moved when we did. Also glad I bought my house at the very bottom of the market (I don't care what anyone says, I am convinced... prices are rising in comps). I also think Tampa is going to become the Silicon Valley of the East Coast. Cost of doing business in California is too expensive and so is the cost of living. They're going to start moving here.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:40 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
lol the realtors are working hard today, nice propaganda
I don't believe anyone that posted before you is a real estate agent and the reporter posted facts and is not a real estate agent.
Where do you come up with this stuff?

Old 01-05-2013, 06:45 AM

166 posts, read 194,600 times
So very very true..believe me..I am in NJ and thats why I WANT OUT.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:52 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,980 times
In my line of work, we have seen a lot of activity in Tampa Bay area compared to last year both economically and the number of people living here, and we track that closely. Add this as a comment from non realtor professional .

Old 01-05-2013, 06:59 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Ya, I'm a secret under cover real estate agent.......lol

Here's a thought. Maybe people like the area, even though you hate it.

Here's another thought. You should live where you enjoy it and if that isn't here, by all means you should move to the place where you would enjoy it. No excuses why you can't. Just do it.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Sweet! Glad we moved when we did. Also glad I bought my house at the very bottom of the market (I don't care what anyone says, I am convinced... prices are rising in comps).
I agree! I've been tracking home sale prices since we decided to move from Spring Hill down to Northern Pinellas. In my new neighborhood alone we've seen homes begin at under 200K just two years or so ago. We just had two sell recently for $275K! Prices are definitely rising in comps … especially where we are located.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:11 AM

315 posts, read 652,270 times
CD forums is the worst lol, wait until you people from the NE get down here and realize that your job only pays 35k or when the next recession hits and everyone "LEAVES IN DROVESSSS" and your house values plummet, or when a few hurricanes hit and your insurance spikes 30%, tell both sides of the story. I realize that the people here like to cheer lead because they made a "good decision" in life and need to justify it, but I dont think getting a gun stuck in your face at walmart constitutes "paradise".

In addition, read the comments in the article posted in contrast to the ones on this forum, funny isnt it.

I love FL as much as the next person but tell the ENTIRE story, yes its decent living for some but everyone from the NE thinks they can just move here with 3 kids a bunch of debt no job and it will be "paradise", thats the people we cant afford down here.

Last edited by the awesomee; 01-05-2013 at 08:21 AM..

Old 01-05-2013, 09:00 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I agree with you that people do need to see the flip side of the coin.

So long as one has the desire to make a change they need to know the pitfalls. Yep. You're apt to earn less for the same job in NYC, Boston, San Francisco, LA, or a dozen other places. But they want to live in Florida for the obvious reasons. The laid back lifestyle, the lower cost of living, incredible weather, natural beauty, open spaces, et al.

Yep. There are hurricanes now and then. Summers are hot and wet. The rest of the year is pretty nice weather wise.

Housing values plummeted nationally. A lot of the effect was felt in FL due to the many many investors who walked away from their obligations, owners of second homes who due to other financial constraints gave up the second homes. Lets not even get into the mortgage mess where mortgages were being handed out like handbills on Times Square.

You can get a gun stuck in your face in any state, any city in the U.S. Happens a lot in big cities and small across the country. Thankfully in Florida I have the option of meeting that sort of force with
deadly force of my own choosing. In many places you have no defense in any attack and we see more and more of these random shooting attacks happening, yep, nationally. I wont go into a list of them so that we all arent reminded of those tragedies.

If you live in a high risk area you pay high risk prices for insurance. The average HOI rate for the state is about $1,100.00. Rates are going to vary by location, construction, age of the home, and a ton of other factors. You want to live here and own property close to the water, you're going to pay the price for the insurance on it.

Anyone from anywhere who thinks they can just move here with 3 kids a bunch of debt no job and it will be "paradise", has to be a fool. Is it done? Probably everyday. It makes little difference if you have 3 kids, a bunch of debt and no job whether you are in Florida or Alaska. Think of the logistic impossibility of a person in such a position to be able to actually pull off a relocation. It rarely happens. Mostly you have people with a plan and a desire to change their situation.

Quote:
CD forums is the worst lol, wait until you people from the NE get down here and realize that your job only pays 35k or when the next recession hits and everyone "LEAVES IN DROVESSSS" and your house values plummet, or when a few hurricanes hit and your insurance spikes 30%, tell both sides of the story. I realize that the people here like to cheer lead because they made a "good decision" in life and need to justify it, but I dont think getting a gun stuck in your face at walmart constitutes "paradise".

In addition, read the comments in the article posted in contrast to the ones on this forum, funny isnt it.

I love FL as much as the next person but tell the ENTIRE story, yes its decent living for some but everyone from the NE thinks they can just move here with 3 kids a bunch of debt no job and it will be "paradise", thats the people we cant afford down here.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:02 AM

Absolutely. JUST DO IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Ya, I'm a secret under cover real estate agent.......lol

Here's a thought. Maybe people like the area, even though you hate it.

Here's another thought. You should live where you enjoy it and if that isn't here, by all means you should move to the place where you would enjoy it. No excuses why you can't. Just do it.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:03 AM

Cant see facts when clearly presented?

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay