Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:12 PM

74 posts, read 375,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancnie View Post
There is no Comcast in the areas you mention. I had Brighthouse and then changed to Verizon Fios as soon as it was available in Oldsmar. It is much better than Brighthouse and it is also less money.
Its only less money if you lock into a 2 year contract...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 PM

471 posts, read 1,661,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BETSRN View Post
Was it an easy switch over to Brighthouse from Comcast as far as moving your e-mail,etc?

Before I moved I set up a free yahoo email account and started rebuilding my address book by forwarding important emails-just in case I had problems.
I also saved my outlook express to CD and then imported it to my Brighthouse outlook express.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:16 PM

262 posts, read 937,700 times
Comcast is in S. FL.

Brighthouse up here. I don't know how it compares to Verizon as I have a dish.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:04 AM

930 posts, read 717,803 times
My mom lives in Holiday and has Brighthouse and it has always given her trouble. The phone always goes out and the cable constantly freezes up. It takes a away for someone to come out. They told us we needed to be home for their visits. We waited all day for them to come and after waiting several hours we called and were told that they had already come and they didn't even tell us they were there. This has happened several times. My husband and I had Verizon FIOS, it is excellent. The internet was quick and the cable had alot of extras and never gave us a problem. The customer service is excellent too. If you dont have it in your area, ask about it. They are putting it in everywhere in your area.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:45 PM

18 posts, read 114,862 times
What's the FIOS stand for with the Veriozn name? I saw it in their website.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:46 PM

18 posts, read 114,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn4261 View Post
My mom lives in Holiday and has Brighthouse and it has always given her trouble. The phone always goes out and the cable constantly freezes up. It takes a away for someone to come out. They told us we needed to be home for their visits. We waited all day for them to come and after waiting several hours we called and were told that they had already come and they didn't even tell us they were there. This has happened several times. My husband and I had Verizon FIOS, it is excellent. The internet was quick and the cable had alot of extras and never gave us a problem. The customer service is excellent too. If you dont have it in your area, ask about it. They are putting it in everywhere in your area.

Thanks. That seems to be the better server. I want to bundle cable, phone and internet all in one bill as I do with Comcast.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:24 AM

74 posts, read 375,361 times
Quote:
What's the FIOS stand for with the Veriozn name? I saw it in their website.
FIber Optic Service

Old 10-23-2007, 09:40 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancnie View Post
There is no Comcast in the areas you mention. I had Brighthouse and then changed to Verizon Fios as soon as it was available in Oldsmar. It is much better than Brighthouse and it is also less money.

We use Verizon and DirecTV, rather than cable. I had some initial difficultiers with Verizon (their line into my house was defective), but once that was fixed I'm in good shape. The satellite has gone out in very very heavy rain three times in two years. Better record than Brighthouse when we were with them.
Oh, and we had Knology for about 20 minutes. They sent Larry, Darryl and Darryl to install it. LD&D screwed up the installation, and then wanted to leave me with no working internet or phone. Er...no.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:08 PM

33 posts, read 95,835 times
Default Comcast

Comcast is in SW Florida -

Marco Island
Naples
Bonita Springs
Estero
Fort Myers
Cape Coral
Immoalee
Labelle
Punta Gorda
Port Charlotte

Old 03-14-2008, 11:43 PM

792 posts, read 2,291,969 times
Quote:
I will be moving to the greater Clearwater area: Clearwater/Pinellas Park/Seminole/Palm Harbor/Dunedin. Thanks guys.
Then you will have Brighthouse cable, which is far superior to comcast. I've had both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay