Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:12 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Tampa Bay ranks #3 in the entire country for being fiscally fit. This is based on 3 main categories:

Investment

Life Insurance coverage

And you got it - "QUALITY OF LIFE"

It looks like the people of Tampa Bay are in great shape and enjoying life.

I'm so glad we are here.

Last edited by Yac; 01-23-2013 at 05:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 06:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,399 times
Man, do I like to hear that while I am planning on moving there as soon as the house is sold. This upstate NY weather, dark skies are killing me.
The house goes on the market in apx 16 daze.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:42 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb123 View Post
Man, do I like to hear that while I am planning on moving there as soon as the house is sold. This upstate NY weather, dark skies are killing me.
The house goes on the market in apx 16 daze.
I wish you the best with the sale and the move here.

While I can't say Tampa Bay is or is not the place for you, I can say it is like paradise for us. We feel like we are living in a resort area, rather than just visiting it. We have to pinch ourselves every day to make sure this is real.....LOL

Old 01-14-2013, 07:22 PM

205 posts, read 293,793 times
Glad to see some positive posts about the area. Too many people around here are negative in an unrealistic sort of way.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,465 times
This is not very informative. If you're a senior citizen and your financial house is not in order, you can't afford move to Florida for your retirement.

It would be more interesting to see a list which is limited to people under the age of 50.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:44 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
This is not very informative. If you're a senior citizen and your financial house is not in order, you can't afford move ANYWHERE for your retirement.

It would be more interesting to see a list which is limited to people under the age of 50.
I fixed your post for you. This is about the people that are already living in these cities, not people moving to them in the future.
This is not to say I give much bearing to the list, this is because I don't give much bearing to any list that comes out from Sperling or Forbes or anyone else.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
This is about the people that are already living in these cities, not people moving to them in the future.
LOL, are you unaware that most of the retirees in Tampa (and the rest of Florida) moved here from other states?

Most of us already knew that Tampa retirees have a lot of money. We don't need a study to tell us that.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I wish you the best with the sale and the move here.

While I can't say Tampa Bay is or is not the place for you, I can say it is like paradise for us. We feel like we are living in a resort area, rather than just visiting it. We have to pinch ourselves every day to make sure this is real.....LOL
Just curious.. how many summers did you live in Florida? How many hurracains passed by?
I was in your shoes when I first moved to FL from up north, but after living here for years I learned the cost "paradise" life brings... But I am still here! Just wondering if you will be THAT happy 5-10 years down the road

Old 01-15-2013, 12:07 PM

892 posts, read 1,577,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Just curious.. how many summers did you live in Florida? How many hurracains passed by?
I was in your shoes when I first moved to FL from up north, but after living here for years I learned the cost "paradise" life brings... But I am still here! Just wondering if you will be THAT happy 5-10 years down the road
I was "in those shoes" also..........

but back then there was no internet to go on and constantly start new threads about how great "paradise" was......I just enjoyed the "newness" of it and was still discovering new things.

By the time these type of websites were available.......my "sunshine denial" wore off and I started to see what Florida was all about.

This endless "thread starting" and cheerleading is wierd.....it's one thing to post a comment or 2, but to just constantly start new threads about how unbelievable this place is (and how crazy everyone else is to not want to live here) is suspect.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Tampa Bay ranks #3 in the entire country for being fiscally fit. This is based on 3 main categories:

Investment

Life Insurance coverage

And you got it - "QUALITY OF LIFE"

It looks like the people of Tampa Bay are in great shape and enjoying life.

I'm so glad we are here.
What does quality of life have to do with a fiscal ranking?

It's ironic how the Tampa Bay area can be rated as the most depressing place and the have a high quality of life as well..

Last edited by Yac; 01-23-2013 at 05:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: