U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM
 
15,843 posts, read 33,196,551 times
Reputation: 20049

Advertisements

This article is from 1/06, so I'm not sure if it was posted already. Forgive me if it has, I don't remember seeing it. From the article, at least 2 have some detailed plans underway.

Four hotel projects planned for downtown Tampa | TBO.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 PM
 
Location: North of South, South of North
8,704 posts, read 9,420,862 times
Reputation: 5109
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
This article is from 1/06, so I'm not sure if it was posted already. Forgive me if it has, I don't remember seeing it. From the article, at least 2 have some detailed plans underway.

Four hotel projects planned for downtown Tampa | TBO.com
Sweet!

It really does seem to be picking up steam here in Tampa Bay.

The entire movement is awesome!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 02:16 PM
 
3,313 posts, read 4,596,560 times
Reputation: 1838
As far as I know existing downtown hotels are having hard time to sell their rooms... Are on the short staff for that reason... Sales directors are getting fired for not keeping up with projected occupancy and sales for meeting spaces... And 4 new hotels? All I can say is WOW.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 02:33 PM
 
15,843 posts, read 33,196,551 times
Reputation: 20049
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
As far as I know existing downtown hotels are having hard time to sell their rooms... Are on the short staff for that reason... Sales directors are getting fired for not keeping up with projected occupancy and sales for meeting spaces... And 4 new hotels? All I can say is WOW.
Apparently, the hotel industry is healthy, here is yet another article about the Hyatt which will be come a 4 star Hilton

Two new names coming to old downtown Tampa Hyatt: Hilton and Starbucks - Tampa Bay Times
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 02:34 PM
 
Location: North of South, South of North
8,704 posts, read 9,420,862 times
Reputation: 5109
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Apparently, the hotel industry is healthy, here is yet another article about the Hyatt which will be come a 4 star Hilton

Two new names coming to old downtown Tampa Hyatt: Hilton and Starbucks - Tampa Bay Times
Awesome!

While Tampa Bay has always been a great place to live, have you noticed how things appear to really be picking up lately?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 02:45 PM
 
15,843 posts, read 33,196,551 times
Reputation: 20049
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Awesome!

While Tampa Bay has always been a great place to live, have you noticed how things appear to really be picking up lately?
Yes, things really seem to be "taking off". A beautiful thing to see!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 03:49 PM
 
205 posts, read 260,720 times
Reputation: 176
Good to see this...hopefully all this growth is met with a nice response.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 09:10 PM
 
3,313 posts, read 4,596,560 times
Reputation: 1838
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Apparently, the hotel industry is healthy, here is yet another article about the Hyatt which will be come a 4 star Hilton

Two new names coming to old downtown Tampa Hyatt: Hilton and Starbucks - Tampa Bay Times
Spending 5 years in that industry and staying in touch with my co-workers (Marketing and Sales Directors) hotel industry in Tampa is not that healthy. Please, take my word for it... I don't want to go into details, but if you can find hotel owners' names and run it through court records, you will be suprised how many are at forclosure point... and I am toalking about brand hotels as you named...

P.S. I am not trying to be negative. Just share what I know
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 PM
 
76 posts, read 100,573 times
Reputation: 63
The hotel industry downtown isnt great. Look at the newly remodeled Hotel Floridan. With the exception of during the RNC, it's 90% vacant... I dont see how / why the downtown hotel market needs any more rooms.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 07:43 AM
 
15,843 posts, read 33,196,551 times
Reputation: 20049
Quote:
Originally Posted by burbdweller View Post
The hotel industry downtown isnt great. Look at the newly remodeled Hotel Floridan. With the exception of during the RNC, it's 90% vacant... I dont see how / why the downtown hotel market needs any more rooms.
Maybe they know something we don't? I don't know, but they are putting big money into it so they must be expecting to reap some returns.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top