Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2007, 08:06 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,159,933 times

Advertisements

What is your opinion:Busch Gardens has been given the "OK" to expand alcohol sales at the theme park. The Tampa City Council voted yesterday to allow beer, wine and liquor to be sold at special events and private receptions.

Previously, alcohol had been limited to two restaurants at the park.

Council members say they relented to the request after tweaking the ordinance so alcohol wouldn't be available at Busch Gardens on a regular basis.

The council denied an earlier request by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to expand alcohol sales at Raymond James Stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 08:22 PM

70 posts, read 363,288 times
Well, it's all about bringing in more revenue, and I don't really see the issue with it. They are just following in the path of Universal Studios and the like.(Even Epcot sells Margarita's and wine, and Animal Kingdom sells all Booze)

I don't entirely believe the whole "beer was only previously sold at two locations" deal though. I was at BG a feew weeks back and their were many many beerstands around the park.

They should sell booze at Ray Jay too, if people want to get drunk, they're going to get drunk on liquour, beer, wine or whatever else is available.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:27 AM

792 posts, read 2,291,969 times
I went to Busch Gardens yesterday and had a great time. I drink a LOT of beer, my doctor says much more than i'm supposed too. But, when I'm at Busch gardens, I never drink any.
Because, other than tasting it a bit, I don't see the fun in drinking beer, sweating your butt off, walking miles, standing in line, constantly looking for bathrooms, dehydration, headache, etc.
I mean, I see people drinking there, but I've never seen anyone completely drunk. It's not the right environment for that.
So in my humble opinion, I don't see the harm in them selling whatever alcohol they want, I think most folks will wait till they are somewhere less physically demanding to drink.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:58 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
Many companies have parties at Busch gardens especially at Christmas time. I went to several there and it is a hassle to have to walk back to a pavillon to get a drink. Although it didn't stop some from drinking a tad too much. The first time we had a party there the ladies wore cocktail dresses and heels, now that was fun walking on the cobblestone walkways in heels, next time the rides were open so people wore more sensible clothes/shoes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay