Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:59 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times

Advertisements

There is an area in Seminole... unincorporated that has good schools. You I do not think there are any affordable townhomes and the houses are small and old (typical of Pinellas).

The area is south of Walsingham
West of 131st St
North of Park Blvd

There is a Lowes close by. And you don;t have to drive on 19 to get there.

Very close to the beaches. About 5 minutes.

Remember... if you eventually plan on buying in the same neighborhood you are renting... you will be paying significantly more for insurance the closer you are to the coast... especially in Pinellas as most of it is in Flood Zones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
You don't have to, but if one works on it, or one needs to go shopping its hard to avoid it since it IS the main drag in Pinellas.
This really is not all that accurate, depending on "where" you live. I very rarely have to drive on it. I just go down 611/East Lake Road and all the shopping and dining I want is all right there. Palm Harbor, Oldsmar and North Clearwater. IF I felt the need to go to a place on 19, I simply go down 611/East Lake/McMullen Booth and bang a right on the east/west road that brings me to the location on 19 that I want. There really is no reason at all for anyone in east Palm Harbor to have to drive much at all on 19......unless it is a location directly west of the lake about half way up.....and then I really don't see the need to, as there is not much different there that you can't find in another location.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:53 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,300,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
This really is not all that accurate, depending on "where" you live. I very rarely have to drive on it. I just go down 611/East Lake Road and all the shopping and dining I want is all right there. Palm Harbor, Oldsmar and North Clearwater. IF I felt the need to go to a place on 19, I simply go down 611/East Lake/McMullen Booth and bang a right on the east/west road that brings me to the location on 19 that I want. There really is no reason at all for anyone in east Palm Harbor to have to drive much at all on 19......unless it is a location directly west of the lake about half way up.....and then I really don't see the need to, as there is not much different there that you can't find in another location.
I guess you found your "bubble"!

We have friends who live all over Palm Harbor and none of them bubble up on one corner!

Of course there are also a ton of back roads around too, it just depends on how much time one has to explore & drive 15/25mph. Not everyone here is retired "literally or figuratively"!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I guess you found your "bubble"!

We have friends who live all over Palm Harbor and none of them bubble up on one corner!

Of course there are also a ton of back roads around too, it just depends on how much time one has to explore & drive 15/25mph. Not everyone here is retired "literally or figuratively"!
Algia, I am not trying to be difficult here, but we are not in any kind of bubble. You are great with maps, so you should know this. 611/East Lake Road/McMullen Booth goes north and south, paralleling 19. If you are on the east side of Palm Harbor, you simply go down 611/East Lake Road/McMullen Booth. It is not a bubble. It brings you very quickly to a tremendous amount of shopping and dining. That is how we go to the Clearwater Mall and everything near it, Boot Ranch plaza and everything in Oldsmar. Then of course there are all the east/west roads that cut over to 19. And no, it is not 15/25mph. It is 40-50mph and even higher for the speeders. I am out and about every single day and never have any kind of issue. It's about as easy as it gets, which is why we chose this area....and why there is a premium on housing here.

Now if you are in the northwest corner of Palm Harbor, your guesses would be more accurate.

We really should provide accurate information for the OP.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 01-28-2013 at 12:06 PM..

Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM

294 posts, read 542,626 times
Quote:
Algia, I am not trying to be difficult here, but we are not in any kind of bubble. You are great with maps, so you should know this. 611/East Lake Road/McMullen Booth goes north and south, paralleling 19. If you are on the east side of Palm Harbor, you simply goes down 611/East Lake Road/McMullen Booth. It is not a bubble. It brings you very quickly to a tremendous amount of shopping and dining. That is how we go to the Clearwater Mall and everything near it, Boot Ranch plaza and everything in Oldsmar. Then of course there are all the east/west roads that cut over to 19. And no, it is not 15/25mph. It is 40-50mph and even higher for the speeders. I am out and about every single day and never have any kind of issue. It's about as easy as it gets, which is why we chose this area....and why there is a premium on housing here.

Now if you are in the northwest corner of Palm Harbor, your guesses would be more accurate.

Do you know of any rental town homes in that area?? Ones that maybe I could look up and see rental prices etc. also how do I find out about HOA's is it different every place or does it go by town??

Old 01-28-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabuda1 View Post
Do you know of any rental town homes in that area?? Ones that maybe I could look up and see rental prices etc. also how do I find out about HOA's is it different every place or does it go by town??
No, I do not track rentals. You may want to try to locate a realtor who handles rentals, as well as sales.

HOAs vary by neighborhood.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Algia, I am not trying to be difficult here, but we are not in any kind of bubble. You are great with maps, so you should know this. 611/East Lake Road/McMullen Booth goes north and south, paralleling 19. If you are on the east side of Palm Harbor, you simply go down 611/East Lake Road/McMullen Booth. It is not a bubble. It brings you very quickly to a tremendous amount of shopping and dining. That is how we go to the Clearwater Mall and everything near it, Boot Ranch plaza and everything in Oldsmar. Then of course there are all the east/west roads that cut over to 19. And no, it is not 15/25mph. It is 40-50mph and even higher for the speeders. I am out and about every single day and never have any kind of issue. It's about as easy as it gets, which is why we chose this area....and why there is a premium on housing here.

I know all about McMullen Booth...drive through there often...of course if you can avoid any roads you want...

You live in East Lake then....and not Palm Harbor...this is the map of Palm Harbor...you are in Unincorporated East Lake...

Now back to Palm Harbor...those who Live within the boundaries of Palm Harbor are not going to take McMullen Booth to go to Publix or Walmart. So in the name of being "Specific" Let's be specific.
Attached Thumbnails
Maybe choosing Tampa over Clearwater but wanted to know what part of Tampa has the easiest/fastest commute to the beach-ph.jpg   Maybe choosing Tampa over Clearwater but wanted to know what part of Tampa has the easiest/fastest commute to the beach-el.jpg  

Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 PM

someone living off Alderman won't go shopping on McMullen Booth for sure.....Unless there's some special store that's ONLY there.

BUT all people interested in Ruth Eckerd Hall (on McMullen Booth) will travel there from various corners of Tampa Bay for example.

Here a wide view:
Attached Thumbnails
Maybe choosing Tampa over Clearwater but wanted to know what part of Tampa has the easiest/fastest commute to the beach-wide-view.jpg  

Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 PM

I had a person msg me and told me that 19 is a lot like 495 up here in Ma. except with traffic lights...which depending in the time of day 495 is an absolute NIGHTMARE but very doable..the thing with 495 is a lot of people driving recklessly trying to get somewhere and fast!!! Trying to merge onto 495 is like playing chicken and you sure as heck better floor it to squeak onto it or you could cause a 30 car pile up from everyone refusing to slow down to let you in, so if you jump on going 45 everyone will slam on their brakes and well god only knows what could happen...but again I can handle it no problem, more of a nuisance than anything..I appreciate all of the in detail responses I am getting I feel like I am learning so much form you guys...one question though WHERE ARE THE DUNKIN DONUTS AROUND THERE???!!!! Lol, I need daily doses of Dunkin Donuts turbo iced coffee to survive the day or that hot sun may prevent me from getting anything accomplished

Old 01-28-2013, 01:40 PM

I guess I can find out the Dunkin whereabouts for myself actually, I will leave the real questions for you guys to answer for me and do the Dunkin research on my own tehehehehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay