Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,074 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in Massachusetts and as much as I hate the heat, I hate this extremely liberal state even more. I have an opportunity to attend nursing school down there and already have a friend offering me a place to stay, so my concern lies with my four legged son. We do everything together up here biking, hiking, swimming. There is a lot of conservation land up here that has trails/fields which allow dogs to run around off leash, as well as one state park that is very dog friendly(off leash fields/trails) where lots of people and their dogs meet up to play. I have been looking for places where I would be able to bring him to continue his socialization and be able, for me, to not just sit in a field while he runs and plays with other dogs but to also be able to go off leash on trails with him. All I have been able to find are actual dog parks, which I don't really like because they are all closed in and I know they can get pretty crowded. I have found a lot of places to go hiking, but they all say pets must be on leash. I don't know how strict they are about that, but even if they aren't I would still feel more comfortable going somewhere they are allowed off leash. So I am wondering if there is anything down there that allows off leash on trails and such?
Also I feed my dog a raw diet. I do not buy brands from pet food stores as they are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! I do not buy from grocery stores which is also very expensive. I buy from a lady who gets her meat from human grade meat distributors, antibiotic and steroid free animals. I can order pretty much any meat and mix I want and she grinds it into 2 or 5lb chubs. I am looking for another small raw pet food business like hers. I know there is steves, darwins, omas, I am not interested in these because they jack up their prices when in all reality they get the meat from the same distributors as the lady I go to gets hers. I was able to find one person raw4pets, the prices seem really good, but I am wondering about the quality, and I would like to find other people that do this to compare quality and prices. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay