Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 04:02 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Actually I gave the link to the info as noted below.

"
[+] Rate this post positively
Last edited by Spring Hillian; Today at 01:59 PM.. Reason: website info

No, you didn't. You have two posts (#42 and #44) that you just copy and paste from the website. Like I said you lost credibility as far as I am concerned unless you are the owner of the website and you are not saying that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 04:19 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
If I take info from a site and that info echoes my opinion and thoughts I dont see a problem.
Whether you find me credible or not is your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
No, you didn't. You have two posts (#42 and #44) that you just copy and paste from the website. Like I said you lost credibility as far as I am concerned unless you are the owner of the website and you are not saying that.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:42 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
If I take info from a site and that info echoes my opinion and thoughts I dont see a problem.
Taking an idea from somebody and rephrasing and referring is not a problem. What you did were just copy and paste. That's a different thing. You put it as if you wrote it but not a single word came from you and you don't see a problem with that? I don't know what kind of profession you are, but this is an absolute no as far as I am concerned.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:09 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,296,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Taking an idea from somebody and rephrasing and referring is not a problem. What you did were just copy and paste. That's a different thing. You put it as if you wrote it but not a single word came from you and you don't see a problem with that? I don't know what kind of profession you are, but this is an absolute no as far as I am concerned.
Its called "copyright infringement" if you take someone else: text, movie, photos etc and post as if they were yours. You should ask permission from the website owner always; and regarding text: always, always credit whomever wrote it.

U.S. Copyright Office - Definitions (FAQ)

Quote:
Who is an author?
Under the copyright law, the creator of the original expression in a work is its author. The author is also the owner of copyright unless there is a written agreement by which the author assigns the copyright to another person or entity, such as a publisher. In cases of works made for hire, the employer or commissioning party is considered to be the author. See Circular 9, Work-Made-For-Hire Under the 1976 Copyright Act.
Spring: if you didn't write it, and just copied it, you should do two things:
1. Email whomever is managing that website and ask them to allow you to copy their content
2. Ask a mod to put it in quotes for you since it is too late to edit yourself

Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
You can do so using quotes, or just pasting the link. Imagine if YOU spent time writing a whole thing about some subject, and then have it circulate over the net and you(who wrote it) getting no credit for it. It would aggravate you a lot trust me.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:13 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Or just take a waterproof thermometer and put it in the water and take a picture! hahahahahahaha
Feels like everyone peed in the water...hahahahahahaha (sorry, I hate it when its THAT warm)!

Its hard to get an educated opinion from being in Hernando County, and not frequent beaches often! I don't remember Google bathing in the golf at any point.
Educated opinion? That is hilarious coming from you. NOAA averages are what they are and I will take them over the posts of a random person on a message board.

I googled "bathing in the golf" and this was the first hit Suspect high on bath salts threatened to eat people at Atlanta golf course, police say | Fox News

What are you trying to tell us? You like bath salts? The zombie apocalypse is coming?

Old 02-02-2013, 04:16 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
People go to the beach to swim during daylight hours.......

July (mid summer), August, and September all experience water temps of 90+ degrees routinely....

I (once again) have physically witnessed this exact thing countless times since 1987.......

I (and many, many other people) have electronics installed on our boats that give an exact water temp, real time, of where the boat is sitting......

Your "data" is flawed......

You are wrong......
My data comes from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:33 AM

892 posts, read 1,576,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
My data comes from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Congratulations..........

NOAA's data doesn't come from the immediate coastal waters.......

Nor does it account for time of day, tide cycle, or shallow water heating up rapidly during a summer day.

Ever heard of the term "variables" ?????......

Old 02-02-2013, 07:01 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Educated opinion? That is hilarious coming from you. NOAA averages are what they are and I will take them over the posts of a random person on a message board.
Exactly!

I find it laughable that some think we should disregard decades of precise measurements from professionals and instead go by hyperbole about in one certain section of the water, at one specific time of day, with the wind just so, with my home built thermometer, I once got a reading that was different than NOAA....therefore all the NOAA numbers are wrong........LOL

Give me a break. Like you, I will stick with the professionals.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Exactly!

I find it laughable that some think we should disregard decades of precise measurements from professionals and instead go by hyperbole about in one certain section of the water, at one specific time of day, with the wind just so, with my home built thermometer, I once got a reading that was different than NOAA....therefore all the NOAA numbers are wrong........LOL

Give me a break. Like you, I will stick with the professionals.
Do you check "averages" before going to the beach too? hahahaha

You are missing the point here...you are arguing what we are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay