Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times

Advertisements

[quote=DUNNDFRNT;28048101]Ok let's play with your logic, criminals kill people even though homicide is illegal, should we make homicide legal, after all the criminals get to kill. I have no problem with people owning guns, I think if we as a society have evolved passed the 2nd amendment then repeal it, otherwise we can't ban guns. I do have a problem with people who equate any gun control measure to an infringement on their second amendment, clearly not the case. There is an agenda in this country to reduce gun violence and as such we need to explore all avenues. i love the drunk driving example, because people seem to forget that we reduced BAC limits, mounted a multi million dollar campaign spanning decades to reduce drunk driving, along with stiffer penalties and we have drastically reduced the amount of people drunk driving and fatalities because of that, we didn't sit around and say "oh well we can't ban cars" or all the alcoholics get to drive drunk.

So you want to get rid of the 2nd ammendment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 02:28 PM

27 posts, read 53,908 times

This would be funny if it was not so pathetic
Maybe he can suggest a new law that says you
can't break the law!!!!

[

Last edited by Buckeye Joe; 02-01-2013 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: margins

Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,005,482 times
I personally would need to see what that ban would mean in terms of guns that are already outhere, I mean if it was a ballot initiative and i had to vote on repealing the 2nd amendment. I not a 100% that i would vote one way or another. It seems that the concept of a law eludes some people. Laws don't and can't stop 100% of that behavior there are always people who will choose to break that law, everyone knows that, it doesn't stop us from having thousands of laws why is gun control different.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,414,136 times
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Wonder how many gun-owners are members of a well regulated Militia.

Wonder if the Founding Fathers had the foresight to know that mass-casualty producing automatic weapons were going to be part of the "keep and bear arms" right that they guaranteed over 200 yrs ago before these sorts of weapons were even invented.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:19 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Due to the Newtown shooting the Hillsbourough County Sheriff's office is doing a gun buy back at 5 locations on Saturday.

You will get $75 and a Tampa Bay Fan Pack with two tickets for a Rays game and two tickets for a TB Lightning game.

Perhaps you can offer the tickets in the event of a home invasion to the criminals.
Thats one way to fill those seats.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,414,136 times
Exactly what I posted about earlier in this thread. What a coincidence.

Today: Detective says two teens broke into a Lutz home, helped themselves to sodas, Pay-Per-View and took three handguns, a shotgun and two rifles to-go. The teens were arrested, but detectives want to recover the guns.

Detective tracking down guns stolen from Lutz home

Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM

205 posts, read 293,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
But there is an agenda in this country now to get guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

How many kids drown in swimming pools in FL alone? Should we ban everyone from having a swimming pool.
Nobody is making you give up your gun, which is why I find it curious you're using the word "ban" in your argument.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,579,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Exactly what I posted about earlier in this thread. What a coincidence.

Today: Detective says two teens broke into a Lutz home, helped themselves to sodas, Pay-Per-View and took three handguns, a shotgun and two rifles to-go. The teens were arrested, but detectives want to recover the guns.

Detective tracking down guns stolen from Lutz home
You probably meant to post this...

Old 02-02-2013, 11:44 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,331 times
Need to drop "The Sunshine State" and re-brand with "Florida - The Liberal State."

Old 02-02-2013, 11:46 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Wonder if the Founding Fathers had the foresight to know that mass-casualty producing automatic weapons were going to be part of the "keep and bear arms" right that they guaranteed over 200 yrs ago before these sorts of weapons were even invented.
Who has automatic weapons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay