U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 AM

3 posts, read 3,339 times

Advertisements

Hi all!
We are relocating to the Tamp area from NJ and need help as to where to live. Our children are currently sent to Catholic school up here and we are interested in St. Lawrence elementarty and Tampa Catholic. Can you please give me some locations to reside that are located between the two. I understand traffic is crazy and I am really interested in being close to both!
Thank you in advance for any help!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 01:32 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,598,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stajva View Post
Hi all!
We are relocating to the Tamp area from NJ and need help as to where to live. Our children are currently sent to Catholic school up here and we are interested in St. Lawrence elementarty and Tampa Catholic. Can you please give me some locations to reside that are located between the two. I understand traffic is crazy and I am really interested in being close to both!
Thank you in advance for any help!!
Where will you be working? That will help as we suggest areas in which to live.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:45 PM

My husband works from home most of the time. He will have to travel to go into Tampa and Orlando, but not a daily routine.
His job also has him travel frequently, so somewhere safe for me and my two chilren.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:00 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,598,204 times
OK. I'm just curious as to what made you pick St. Lawrence and Tampa Catholic over some of the other Catholic schools in Tampa. I attended TC, and I can tell you it's a pretty good school but not nearly as good as Academy of the Holy Names or Jesuit. Have you looked into those?

As far as areas to live go, the neighborhoods surrounding TC aren't the greatest. Most of the students attending TC when I was a student there commuted in from all around Tampa. We had very few neighborhood students there … only one from my class that I remember, actually. It's fairly the same situation at St. Lawrence, too. Most of the students attending there do not live close by. My sister's children both went there. Most of her kids' friends came from the Citrus Park area and the South Tampa area, both of which are not in the same neighborhood as St. Lawrence.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend living between the two schools. The areas between the two are not that great, and most people who attend TC and/or St. Lawrence do not live in those areas. Your best bet is to speak to the schools' administration and find out where most families reside and see if you can set up some sort of carpool system.

If you want to live close to your children's schools, then you may want to consider some of the other Catholic schools in the area. I know the private and Catholic school system pretty well, and I can give you some suggestions if need be.

Good luck!

Old 02-03-2013, 02:27 PM

Thank you so much Floridagirl777! We are going down to visit the area later this month, so basically all of our research is online and word of mouth.
Is there busing to the Catholic schools or is it basically carpool?
You've already helped a lot and I really appreciate your input!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay