Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 06:04 AM

26 posts, read 36,202 times

Advertisements

I will be closing on a new home in 3 weeks (USDA loan) but my employer filed for bankruptcy. I have a job offer but according to the bank, if I transfer to another company, they will need 2 pay stubs which means a month-long wait before they can re-submit an application to USDA.

Is there a chance that USDA denies the new application? Will the builder wait that long or do they have an option to drop me as the buyer of the home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 09:53 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,810,346 times
How long are you going to be under your cirrent employee?

Old 02-12-2013, 03:17 PM

323 posts, read 685,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmccc View Post
I will be closing on a new home in 3 weeks (USDA loan) but my employer filed for bankruptcy. I have a job offer but according to the bank, if I transfer to another company, they will need 2 pay stubs which means a month-long wait before they can re-submit an application to USDA.

Is there a chance that USDA denies the new application? Will the builder wait that long or do they have an option to drop me as the buyer of the home?
The advice you'll get here won't be much help. You need to know how long your place of employment is going to remain operational (filing for bankruptcy doesn't mean the doors close tomorrow, ya know?) and how long you've got to take that other job offer you were talking about. You should also be talking to the builder and referring to your contract regarding closing guidelines. Your current employer, prospective employer, loan officer and builder are the ones you should be hitting with the questions, because none of us can answer any them 100% correctly - everyone's situation is different.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 PM

814 posts, read 2,044,417 times
I hate when that happens!

Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,127,272 times
That sucks... couldn't imagine. Time to find out if teh employer is closing doors, decide if you want to take on this debt with this new situation and discuss with the bank to avoid any 'fraud'.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 AM

26 posts, read 36,202 times
Thanks everyone.

I have decided to transfer employment since the current employer can be shut down by the state due to fraud. I'd rather wait for 2 months more rather than gamble on a sinking ship.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Sometimes thngs happen for a reason and do you want to be stuck with a home you may not be able to afford? I ca understand this is what you didn't want to hear and want to deal with and probably don't deserve but have to face now, sadly enough.

I would sit down and thnk carefully how to proceed and otherwise back out and buy in a few months when you know how things are going than closing and realising you are stuck and have to deal with defaulting and bad credit...now you have a choice.

Good luck, I'm very sorry for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay