Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 06:59 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times

Advertisements

WFLA just said we could have a freeze tonight from Pasco County north and could have a hard freeze tomorrow night in many areas in the Tampa Bay area. Better make sure no tenders are outside.

This stinks!

I can't stand these cold temperatures. Tomorrow's high may only be mid to upper 50's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
Only going to get down to 41 here tonight..

I do enjoy seeing a negative post out of you though, Prius

Old 02-16-2013, 07:15 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Only going to get down to 41 here tonight..

I do enjoy seeing a negative post out of you though, Prius

I have posted other negative stuff....like crazy drivers here.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,823,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post

I have posted other negative stuff....like crazy drivers here.
Amen to that. I've logged 6500 miles on my company car since I've been here and these people STINK when it comes to driving. It seems to be a bunch of geezers who do 25 in a 50 zone, or lunatics who want to do 85 in a 70 zone on the highway - with very little in between.

And, the cold sucks. I moved here to get away from this.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:27 PM

552 posts, read 720,445 times
I think its refreshing. I was grilling chicken tonite and could smell wood burning. I dont like the same weather all the time. Although I think the cold down here feels colder than up north, chills my bones. Anyone else notice that?

Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHborn View Post
I think its refreshing. I was grilling chicken tonite and could smell wood burning. I dont like the same weather all the time. Although I think the cold down here feels colder than up north, chills my bones. Anyone else notice that?
I think it's due to us still dressing like we live in warm climate... I see people wearing t-shirts and flip flops even though it's freezing outside... People up north already wear jackets, hats, gloves and nice warm shoes at this point

I also read the theory many years ago that our blood thickness has something to do with the climate we live in, so people from up north don't feel as cold as people from south.

I really hope OP can make it... and he is not packing his bags and moving back

Old 02-17-2013, 12:38 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHborn View Post
I think it has to do with the humidity in the air. If you'll notice, the current temp in New York is 29 and the humidity is 40%.

In Conroe, TX where I am currently, it's 32 and the humidity is 96%. I haven't been this cold since I left Tennessee 4 years ago..

Old 02-17-2013, 12:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Hey Floridians... Do you want some snow to go with that freeze?. Here in NE Ohio I'm looking at 3 inches of it on my back porch. 50s for daytime highs? In Cleveland in February that is almost tshirt weather. We can do 50s in February standing on our head!

In all seriousness I've been to your great state at a time where it was cold and it was just weird. Very un-Florida like.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I think it's due to us still dressing like we live in warm climate... I see people wearing t-shirts and flip flops even though it's freezing outside... People up north already wear jackets, hats, gloves and nice warm shoes at this point

I also read the theory many years ago that our blood thickness has something to do with the climate we live in, so people from up north don't feel as cold as people from south.

I really hope OP can make it... and he is not packing his bags and moving back
Not true. As a lifelong Ohioan and still a resident , the older I get the more I hate the cold. I love summer and in NE Ohio it can indeed get Florida-hot. Needless to say, you won't hear me b****!

Old 02-17-2013, 01:49 AM

472 posts, read 547,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Haha...I'm guilty of that earlier this evening. Just like it was in Dallas when I refuse to buy a snow shovel on principle, I am refusing to put on a big jacket here. Actually I don't even know where my big jacket is as I figured I wouldn't need it here anymore. Brrrrr...oh well at least the weatherman says low 80s are coming back in a few days so hope this is the last gasp of the so called "winter" here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay