U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2007, 07:13 PM

228 posts, read 825,563 times

Advertisements

I do find medical care in the county of Hernando horrible. My doctors office will write Rx's without seeing patient. When I returned home from vacation from what I felt could be pneumonia, ( I am prone to this and know how it starts) We literally had to argue to get in to see my doctor. When they finally saw me I found it was only to have a baseline breathing test. I was only seen by a medical assistant who administered the test poorly. You could hear my wheezing from across the room. After the test she said I could leave, I told her that I was healthy yesterday and that I was this bad today, she only said that the doctor was overbooked and couldnt see me. When I got home I took my temp and found that was 101. No one took any vitals while I was there nor did the medical assistant bother to tell a doctor how bad I was. They called in a prescription for me later . The following morning I was even worse and was having a hard time breathing. This time I did get an actual appointment. When I saw the doctor he told me that I was so congested and wheezy that "By the time that someone is this bad, it hard to tell if its pneumonia or not with out a x ray. " If that Medical assistant had done her job I may not have gotten this bad. Her, either lack of caring or inability to do her job let me get much sicker than I already was! Yes I am looking for a new doctor in the tampa area!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 10:23 AM

1,270 posts, read 3,847,954 times
I don't see the dr. often, but I have been happy with Dr. Brian Kroll's office so far. As an added bonus, his staff are always very nice!

Old 10-28-2007, 03:39 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,279,133 times
My daughter was taken to Spring Hill Regional with a bad pain in her side, after 6 1/2 hrs. in the ER, they said she had a bad appendix and it would have to be removed. OK, remove it,, on day three of hospitalization, she is still complaining of pain in her side, surgeon says can't be. Still complaining of pain when staples are removed one week after operation. Daughter goes to college in TN 10 days later back into ER in TN.......she had a KIDNEY STONE all along, didn't need to have appendix out, they said her white count was high so appendix must be bad, they never thought to check for KIDNEY STONE.......

Sorry that your having such a rough time here with doctors, but it could happen anywhere. Hope that your feeling better.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:21 PM

228 posts, read 825,563 times
Your right could happen, but never found this type of care anywhere else. Makes for a very bad impression. Am now looking for a doc closer to tampa. Yes thank you am improving!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:23 AM

28 posts, read 103,188 times
I wouldn't make a judgement against all of Hernando county because the Dr office you have is a waste. I've had two emergency c-sections and a gall bladder surgery all at Spring Hill regional and I found that the staff was great and everyone was on top of their game. My PCP however, is Dr. Vieira in Trinity (used to live near there) and he is fantastic. One of the only Dr's I've ever had that will actually sit down and explain everything to you (i.e. lab results, diagnosis). Good Luck.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:03 PM

1,775 posts, read 7,540,087 times
Keep in mind being a Medical Assistant myself, we are not authorized to do ANYTHING to a patient without the doctors consent because anything we do comes back to the doctor overlooking it. It's possible the doctor just didn't want to deal with it and made the Medical Assistant look like the bad one. Just my guess though. It is possible the Medical Assistant was just as bad as she was naturally though. I used to work for a Physician Assistant for 3 years and he's now located in Brooksville and he's very good and takes him time with his patients. Sometimes he did better treatment than the M.D. There were times we would have to page an emergency to him just to get him out of the patient's room because he'd sit and hold conversations about anything with you as long as you'd let him. I'd be happy to share his info you'd like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay