U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 02:42 PM

26 posts, read 71,658 times

Advertisements

So i will be moving to tamp region.. my wife and 2 kids..

well since i can lose my job there, cuz im on probation for 3mnths, are there any APTs for rent with a 6mnth lease?? or less even? I just need a 1 bedroom apt.. 500-700mnth?? not the ghetto? is this all possible?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 04:03 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,309,643 times
I work at an apartment community here in Brandon. Most apartment communites do not do 6 mon. leases or lower due to some sort of tax thing-corporate leasing do-but normal apartments do about 7-12 mons. We offer a 7 mon. lease. Finding a decent apartment in the price range you are looking for will not be too easy. You may get in on a special-like here, but normal pricing for a "non-ghetto" ranges between $750 and up. Let me know if you need anything, I can help you out. I am an assistant manager for a luxury apartment community.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:50 AM

what about some cheap motel or summin to make it like month to month?

Old 10-26-2007, 05:11 AM

792 posts, read 2,105,936 times
Most apartment complexes won't rent you just a one bedroom, when they find out you have 2 kids.
They make you get at least a 2 bedroom apartment.
The price range you specified is gonna be tough to find in a good neighborhood.
You might just check the classifieds pretty often. I wouldn't even bother with the big apartment complexes, look for something owned by an individual, like a small house or duplex or something.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:35 AM

13,768 posts, read 35,430,953 times
There are a lot of smaller apt complexes in S. Tampa that might fit your price range. N. of Interbay is best. These places don't have pools usually but some do. You won't find them online that is the biggest problem.. Check out TBO.com/Tampa tribune.
Zip code 33611..

Old 10-26-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
Most apartment complexes won't rent you just a one bedroom, when they find out you have 2 kids.
They make you get at least a 2 bedroom apartment.
The price range you specified is gonna be tough to find in a good neighborhood.
You might just check the classifieds pretty often. I wouldn't even bother with the big apartment complexes, look for something owned by an individual, like a small house or duplex or something.
You are right, I didn't even see that part. Here in the state of Florida, there is a fairhousing law that prohibits anything more than 2 beating hearts per room. Sorry, looks like you'll have to look into a 2 br.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
There are a lot of smaller apt complexes in S. Tampa that might fit your price range. N. of Interbay is best. These places don't have pools usually but some do. You won't find them online that is the biggest problem.. Check out TBO.com/Tampa tribune.
Zip code 33611..
The only downfall about that is they usually aren't as maintained either...

Old 10-26-2007, 07:50 PM

I have family that lives in S. Tampa in some of those apts and they aren't all bad. My son lived in a really nice small apt complex with a pool off of Manhattan. I agree if you have something that needs repairing, getting it done might be a hassle. My MIL lived at Colonial Village which is one of the older ones.
The best advice is to look and then ask opinions..as you can see we all have them..

Old 10-26-2007, 07:57 PM

check out these on Davis Island. Safe area..

Davis Island Apartments Apartments Tampa, FL - Apartments for Rent in Tampa Florida

Newer apts.. in Lutz near expressway
Lake Carlton Arms Apartments Lutz, FL - Apartments for Rent in Lutz Florida

Old 10-28-2007, 01:01 AM

See, I only need it temporarily. Once my jobs probation is done, I will get a home..

WOw, so i need 2 rooms? that sux.

why do some of those APTs in the links say:
1 BD 1 BA $584-$785

why such a big diff in price? I would like the $584 one..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay