Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-17-2013, 02:23 PM
 
10 posts, read 16,136 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

We are considering moving to Grand Hampton and I understand the HOA covers the Cable/Internet. Can anyone elaborate on this? I believe its Brighthouse but what packages do you receive? Just basic plus slow internet and you have to pay to upgrade or is the package and speeds adequate? Any info would be great! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2013, 10:07 PM
 
3,826 posts, read 5,759,014 times
Reputation: 2396
We used to live in community with cable/internet covered by HOA. The speed was very poor and slow. There was not such thing as upgrade, we had to pay full price if we wanted anything other than basic cable. Not sure about community you are asking about though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2013, 10:25 PM
 
10 posts, read 16,136 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
We used to live in community with cable/internet covered by HOA. The speed was very poor and slow. There was not such thing as upgrade, we had to pay full price if we wanted anything other than basic cable. Not sure about community you are asking about though.
I'm talking about Grand Hampton - Dunham Station/Chestnut Grove streets specifically. When you say poor speeds are you talking yesterday or in 2009 etc...? and what were the speeds? (You can check by going to speedtest.net)

Thanks for the reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 AM
 
3,826 posts, read 5,759,014 times
Reputation: 2396
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyghtnin View Post
I'm talking about Grand Hampton - Dunham Station/Chestnut Grove streets specifically. When you say poor speeds are you talking yesterday or in 2009 etc...? and what were the speeds? (You can check by going to speedtest.net)

Thanks for the reply.
I know where Grand Hampton is, but we used to live in other community. It was a little over a year ago. I am not sure what was the speed, but it was impossible to watch youtube or netflix. We ended up paying another provider and our problem was solved. The only problem was that we still had to pay HOA which included cable/internet charges and pay extra $$ for better cable and internet packages (full price).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2013, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Castle Rock, Co
1,613 posts, read 3,219,615 times
Reputation: 969
If you can give me an address I may be able to see what they offer. MOST things with the HOA include 10/1 internet service and to upgrade you just pay the difference. As far as cable, they may include either basic or digital. Digital will include one cable box, you would have to rent any others.. Basic would be channels 2-70 and you would get a discounted rate on digital if you upgraded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2013, 09:03 AM
 
10 posts, read 16,136 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
If you can give me an address I may be able to see what they offer. MOST things with the HOA include 10/1 internet service and to upgrade you just pay the difference. As far as cable, they may include either basic or digital. Digital will include one cable box, you would have to rent any others.. Basic would be channels 2-70 and you would get a discounted rate on digital if you upgraded.
I don't have an address but I did list 2 street areas (Dunham Station/Chestnut Grove) I'm more curious about the internet speeds as I work from home off and on and this would be helpful to know in case I need to pay extra for upgrades etc...
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2013, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
877 posts, read 1,900,521 times
Reputation: 747
We live there and upgrade to faster internet and HDTV for $40 a month. I'll check out the connection speeds later tonight and get back to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2013, 06:41 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
877 posts, read 1,900,521 times
Reputation: 747
With paying for the upgrade we get 30mbps. If we'd stuck with the standard plan which the HOA covers it would be 10 mbps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Castle Rock, Co
1,613 posts, read 3,219,615 times
Reputation: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
We live there and upgrade to faster internet and HDTV for $40 a month. I'll check out the connection speeds later tonight and get back to you.
If thats the case then your HOA probably includes 10/1 and standard cable (2-70). The upgrade they pay for each month is for the digital service and 30mpbs internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:06 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top