Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:56 PM

8 posts, read 38,204 times

Advertisements

Check out Going The Distance Adventure Ministry. It's an adventure ministry that caters mostly to people in their 20's although anyone can participate. They offer trips open to the public once a month. It's a good, clean environment where you can have fun, get outdoors, have an adventure and meet really great people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 06:01 PM

15 posts, read 49,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonO View Post
Hey folks,
So I just moved here a couple months ago. I'm 24 and lived in the same city my entire life before moving here, and my girlfriend and entire social network is up north. I've made some friends among people I work with day in and day out but it would be nice to have some social contacts in the outside world as well

Problem is, seems like everyone my age goes to bars and it just doesn't do it for me. I'm a coffee shop/movie/etc. kind of person. Any suggestions on places to go in Tampa to meet people around my age who aren't primarily concerned with getting wasted at the bars most nights of the week? I work a TON (i.e. 60 hours a week minimum), but am getting frustrated that there doesn't seem to be anyone I can hang out with during those rare times I'm not working.

This doesn't mean I don't drink, or have anything against people who go to bars a lot, it just isn't my thing. Work too hard and usually like to do something more relaxed when I'm not working, just haven't found a place to meet like-minded people. Any ideas?
If your a tech nerd you can always chill with me and my friends. I don't live in the Bay Area at the moment, but I am down there just about every weekend chilling with my friends. We build websites, make money and go out and party from time to time.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:16 PM

28 posts, read 79,047 times
Where is Recent Grad...you two seem to like the same things and he seems to be around your age and looking to meet up with new peeps LOL

recentgrad.........where are youuuuuuu! Ill probably be joining in this discussion if my move is final in may. in the meantime i will be reading these posts to see if you guys find a new way to make friends LOL
rather than getting out of the house LOL jk

Old 04-06-2009, 07:18 PM

28 posts, read 79,047 times
TRAMPA? o no! lol where am i moving to? lol

Old 04-21-2009, 11:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,983 times
Looks like I am WAY late on this post, but I had to reply. I'm 25, new to the area and looking for some people to hang out with for more low key activities, ie. not going out alll the time I joined a club in Downtown St. Pete to play tennis, which is awesome, but everyone is a bit older than me. I work a good number of hours too, so my options are limited.

Anyhow....JasonO if you're still looking for some good tennis...hit me up!

Old 08-09-2009, 01:07 PM

77 posts, read 205,445 times
Tennis club in downtown St. Pete? That looks nice. Where do you guys play, and how often do you play?
I like playing tennis too, but most of the time I'm playing with older folks!

Old 08-09-2009, 01:59 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,360,499 times
Eh, I deal with the same problems. I'd like to make a couple of REAL friends. I don't care much for drinking (it's okay every so often, but several times a week?), but everyone I've met in St. Pete seems to...and if it isn't drinking, it's doing drugs, or just wanting to date (or do...other things, to put it subtly). I don't do drugs, and I'm not really into being around those who do, nor do I want to date, and I'm not a sleaze, so none of those are good for me.

Sitting in my house gets old...but not as old as the constant amount of people simply interested in those things.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:05 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Checkout meetup.com for groups who have like interest. There is also a christian singles group who get together. I have a friend who belonged and while they did go to bars occasionally it was for dancing not for drinking.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:48 PM

190 posts, read 650,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
Eh, I deal with the same problems. I'd like to make a couple of REAL friends. I don't care much for drinking (it's okay every so often, but several times a week?), but everyone I've met in St. Pete seems to...and if it isn't drinking, it's doing drugs, or just wanting to date (or do...other things, to put it subtly). I don't do drugs, and I'm not really into being around those who do, nor do I want to date, and I'm not a sleaze, so none of those are good for me.

Sitting in my house gets old...but not as old as the constant amount of people simply interested in those things.
i feel the same way also. seems a bit hard to find people like myself. i like a drink once in a while, but people i meet at bars or clubs over indulge on the drinking... people i work with are older and married. sitting in the house does get old, thats for sure. btw trampa???? hahahaha

Old 08-14-2009, 11:45 AM

663 posts, read 1,144,053 times
Get a dog and hang out at the Al Lopez dog park. Tampa has plenty of dog parks, but I recommend that one because the people there are much friendlier than at most of the other parks.

If you like movies try Tampa Theater.

Also go to the music festival in Hyde park village. It's the last Wednesday of every month from 6 to 9
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay