Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 06:12 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times

Advertisements

I am not worried about being secondary offense at all. Cops have literally million reasons to stop you if they want. Since 99.99% of the drivers don't follow the rule, it is easy to do it. Changing lane at an improper location, not showing your signal when changing, making turn in the wrong lane, you name it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 06:17 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The officer word is enough...just like when you run a stop sign and only you and the cop are around to see it (happened to me)...and it's not a violation of your rights...you can't drink alcohol in your car but you can in your home(21)...you can be naked in your home but not in your car...you get my point...
I can drink alcohol in my truck, I just can't have the keys in the ignition at the time.

"The officer's word is enough" We'll see what that eventually turns into...

Old 04-03-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
That is complete nonsense. Are you saying people should not get ticketed/arrested for drinking or using drugs in their car? When it comes to public safety our liberties take the backseat.
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Benjamin Franklin
I think if BF were alive today and had to drive in FL he would probably rethink that statement.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
I can drink alcohol in my truck, I just can't have the keys in the ignition at the time.

"The officer's word is enough" We'll see what that eventually turns into...
Well if you don't have your keys in the ignition you can text too!!

Old 04-03-2013, 06:30 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Well, I have to take rare....and I mean rare....exception with you based on your own post about being able to drink in your own vehicle.

You can drink in your vehicle. But you cannot drink and "drive" the vehicle.

The same thing can apply to texting. You can text in your vehicle, but not text and "drive" the vehicle.

Of course their are tests and technology to confirm being under the influence.

I do not know what tests or technology they would use to confirm you are over the keypad.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Well, I have to take rare....and I mean rare....exception with you based on your own post about being able to drink in your own vehicle.

You can drink in your vehicle. But you cannot drink and "drive" the vehicle.

The same thing can apply to texting. You can text in your vehicle, but not text and "drive" the vehicle.

Of course their are tests and technology to confirm being under the influence.

I do not know what tests or technology they would use to confirm you are over the keypad.
Obviously I don't think people should drink and drive, text and drive, have sex and drive, ect, ect...

However, I think this law is about as "lawful" as when they tried to make it a ticketable offense to "smoke in your car."

Most people, when texting (and I myself have done so too) text with their phone in their laps, well below the window line. So how is an office going to know if they were texting or just looking down?

It's ironic though, talking about being able to drink while in your vehicle... In Louisiana, they have drive-thru daiquiri stands.. I've had about 100 mudslide daiquiri's from the one in Lockport, LA.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I think if BF were alive today and had to drive in FL he would probably rethink that statement.
I think a lot of our founding fathers would die from humiliation if they saw a LOT of what goes on in today's America.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Obviously I don't think people should drink and drive, text and drive, have sex and drive, ect, ect...

However, I think this law is about as "lawful" as when they tried to make it a ticketable offense to "smoke in your car."

Most people, when texting (and I myself have done so too) text with their phone in their laps, well below the window line. So how is an office going to know if they were texting or just looking down?

It's ironic though, talking about being able to drink while in your vehicle... In Louisiana, they have drive-thru daiquiri stands.. I've had about 100 mudslide daiquiri's from the one in Lockport, LA.
Whoa, whoa, whoa......what's wrong with having sex in the car while driving?

Seriously though....they tried to make smoking in the car illegal? What genius thought that stupid reg up?

Old 04-03-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I think a lot of our founding fathers would die from humiliation if they saw a LOT of what goes on in today's America.
THIS is as true as it can get......very unfortunately.

1598 +1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay