U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2007, 11:04 AM

2 posts, read 11,057 times

Advertisements

I will be moving down to FL in mid Nov. I am going to be staying at MacDill AFB at first, while I find a place to stay. I have two questions I need help with.

1) I will be working in St Pete and am wondering if the traffic going from Tampa to St Pete is bad? I need to be there at 8:30 am for work.

2) I am coming down alone while my wife and family stay North to sell our house here. I will need a studio or equivalent in the $500 price range. Are they available in the St Pete or Clearwater areas?

Thanks for your help.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 02:33 PM

367 posts, read 1,579,815 times
If you are working in St Pete, why don't you live in that location, at least in Pinellas county, also it's probably not so bad going from Tampa to St Pete in the rush hour you are going the opposite way. However at around 4.30 onwards the tampa end of Howard Frankland bridge always gets heavy traffic. Gandy Bridge is the one you will take normally and that isn't so busy during rush hour.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:07 PM

792 posts, read 2,105,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byale6 View Post
I will be moving down to FL in mid Nov. I am going to be staying at MacDill AFB at first, while I find a place to stay. I have two questions I need help with.

1) I will be working in St Pete and am wondering if the traffic going from Tampa to St Pete is bad? I need to be there at 8:30 am for work.

2) I am coming down alone while my wife and family stay North to sell our house here. I will need a studio or equivalent in the $500 price range. Are they available in the St Pete or Clearwater areas?

Thanks for your help.
Traffic will be busy during your morning drive, just like it is for all of us.

As for the $500 for an apartment...........that will be tough to find. You might get someones garage for that.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:27 PM

2 posts, read 11,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
Traffic will be busy during your morning drive, just like it is for all of us.

As for the $500 for an apartment...........that will be tough to find. You might get someones garage for that.
I'm not looking for an Apt. Just a studio one room thing. I'll take a garage. Do you know anyone renting one?

Old 10-28-2007, 09:36 PM

1,824 posts, read 7,837,777 times
Check craigslist.com tampa for listings within your price range. Ive seen many efficiencies and studios for around $500 both in St. Pete near Gandy/4th Street and South Tampa near Gandy/Himes Avenue complexes.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:02 AM

428 posts, read 1,369,501 times
I drive from St. Pete to Tampa in the morning- the drive the opposite way is always heavier traffic-wise. but this is going over the Howard Franklin. Since you'll be going over the Gandy your drive won't be as bad. Ditto for the drive home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: