U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 10:58 AM

2 posts, read 1,810 times

Advertisements

Hi, My family is moving to the tampa area. One of my questions is that my husbands job is located east of the airport. How is the traffic in the following areas getting to and from? Plant City? Lutz? Oldsmar? St. Petersburg? Clearwater? Palm Harbor?, Dunedin? Also is it crazy for someone to live in the lakeland area and commuting m-f? We are trying to narrow it down, so any suggestions on any of the areas will be greatly appreciated. We are very family oriented and love the outdoors, sports, amusement parks etc... Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 02:18 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,133,158 times
Plant City - CRAZY COMMUTE. I would never do it
Lutz - Lutz is pretty long (North to South). But from the North end by HWY 54 you can plan for 30-45 mins during peak periods. Trade off is more house, less prices. Northern Lutz goes into Pasco County so taxes are cheaper as well.
St Pete - Do able but depends where you live
Clearwater, Palm Harbor - Depends on where, but plan for 30 mins
Dunedin - Little further

Hardest part will be how to get to a major roadway that gets to the Airport. What looks close on a map could be very timely if it is smaller, congested roads. If he is a shift worker and doesn't have to worry about peak traffic all your areas (except Plant City) are within 20-30 mins.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:41 PM

484 posts, read 659,611 times
Not considering Tampa at all? Depending on how far "east" your husband will be working - I'd probably go with Westchase - straight down the veterans to the airport area. Parts of south Tampa would work as well.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:56 PM

5,686 posts, read 5,731,997 times
There's also Carrollwood.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:55 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,907,147 times
Plant city is closer to East Tampa than Clearwater or Palm Harbor.
Where in East Tampa? Cause more than half of East Tampa is not the best area per say!

Carrollwood & Weatchase are your best options; forget Pinellas County if work is in East Tampa.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:20 PM

25,643 posts, read 14,353,945 times
I am close to the International Mall and gave up on communting from Carrolwood, Bruce B Downs, St Pete and now Clearwater,,, you make good time in the summer with no snow birds, college kids , baseball games and football games and no school... re rest of the year it's AFUL...moving just east of Oldsmar,,, quaint n close to all.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,810 times
Thank you everyone! Anything you might wanna add would be great. I'll take any and all advice!
Another thing is that we will be renting at first...and my husbands office is near Memorial Hwy.... if that helps

Old 04-10-2013, 10:30 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,133,158 times
Then I double what Tinytrump mentioned. Oldmar would be a great commute. My office is there and while I don't have to travel at peak periods, I find the traffic moves very good around there.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:52 PM

25,643 posts, read 14,353,945 times
there are some very nice private condos/ town houses for rent all around there and close to 3 malls.. (:}) keep your search close to vets and then buy a sunpass,, as it is a toll road. and GULFER- I'll wave as I drive by --I think even this location will get me to the beach in 20 min or so-- love my water. Oldsmar looking pretty good these days,,, ready to explore the parks when the grands come to visit, big whoot whoot on my moving day-- Memorial weekend,, hope traffic will not be a big issue sat morn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or