U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 6,631 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to FL hopefully soon. We want to be somewhere between Orlando & Clearwater. We have been looking at Seffner,Lakeland,Plant City,Lithia. Any suggestions for a safe,good schools(highschool/college) nice homes but not too pricey w/pool $50,000-$130,000. Will this even be possible to find something nice in this price range w/pool?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 02:24 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,129,433 times
With pool - VERY DIFFICULT!!! Unless a much older home which could cost more to update and fix then spending a little more now and get what you want.

I'll stick with Lithia area as the others are out of my comfort zone making any recommendations other than traffic patterns and such.

Higher end at 130K may get you a smaller home in a subdivision with a community pool (but I think you may have to look at a higher price for this). If you end up paying 200 bucks extra a month for additional HOA/CDD fees to have that community pool, you could get the same home for 150K-170K for the same monthly payment. Could find a small or no HOA and no CDD.

Doesn't make much sense, but at the end it is how much you want to pay per month. Mortgage, taxes, Insurance, and possible HOA/CDD.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:02 PM

27,798 posts, read 27,980,251 times
Lived in Seffner years ago and have visited there a few times since leaving that area and it doesn't look like a nice place to live anymore- and recently that tragic sinkhole event has made it even a worse place to live anymore. Wouldn't recommend it - kind of a poor area, imo.

As for Plant City - it seems to have a nice smalltown USA feel to it. I've driven through it to visit that small hospital and there were areas that looked attractive to live. Not sure what Walden Lakes homes cost - noticed they did have a few townhouses, condos that look like their in peaceful neighborhoods (Walden Lakes).

Good luck in your search.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:51 PM

4,678 posts, read 8,890,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Lived in Seffner years ago and have visited there a few times since leaving that area and it doesn't look like a nice place to live anymore- and recently that tragic sinkhole event has made it even a worse place to live anymore. Wouldn't recommend it - kind of a poor area, imo.

As for Plant City - it seems to have a nice smalltown USA feel to it. I've driven through it to visit that small hospital and there were areas that looked attractive to live. Not sure what Walden Lakes homes cost - noticed they did have a few townhouses, condos that look like their in peaceful neighborhoods (Walden Lakes).

Good luck in your search.
^^^ This is a very fair assessment. My family lived in Seffner when I was little, it was decent then, but it's not a great area now. Plant City/Lithia is a great place to raise a family (if you have one!)

Old 04-07-2013, 05:48 PM

21 posts, read 23,026 times
Lakeland is the the best place to live along I-4 outside of Tampa and Orlando ....hands down

Old 04-07-2013, 08:53 PM

3,313 posts, read 4,599,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccruizinmama View Post
Any suggestions for a safe,good schools(highschool/college) nice homes but not too pricey w/pool $50,000-$130,000. Will this even be possible to find something nice in this price range w/pool?
There is no way to get a house with good schools in that price range. Yes, you can get a house for that money, but there is no way you will be zoned for good schools... sorry

Old 04-08-2013, 12:59 AM

4,091 posts, read 5,092,131 times
Seffner is great... If you're looking for meth. Then again, to be fair, I wouldn't live in any of those cities. I'd just stick to Tampa, Orlando, or Clearwater.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:57 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,900,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccruizinmama View Post
Very Rural!

Boring...nothing to do...and in no way there are "good schools" on those pastures...Sorry.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:58 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,040,613 times
I would skip seffner and plant city (pc has more of a "trailer trash" kinda feel to me). I'd look more into Brandon (Valrico side, not tampa side), Valrico, Lithia, or Lakeland.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:17 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,427,537 times
The areas are a mix of old and poor with some new development sprinkled in. It's almost like once you leave the gates of your HOA and new development, you end up in a neighborhood with trailer parks and meth houses right across the street.

Some very strange areas between Tampa and Orlando. It's the twilight zone for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or