U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2013, 03:53 PM
PDF PDF started this thread
 
11,386 posts, read 11,340,306 times
Reputation: 6629

Advertisements

Well honestly, not much. No, this isn't a hate/troll thread. After Tampa having been the only place I've ever lived, I moved to California 7 weeks ago. And my quality of life is much better. I also have more things to do, as my life was really stale in Florida.

But I do miss Publix. I worked there and shopped there. Now I'm working for a grocery chain out here in LA, and the ones out here are fine, but there's nothing like Publix. Tampa also has an awesome airport, and people are easier to talk to. However I do not miss the weather.

Though I do find myself appreciating some things about Florida more now that I'm gone, and wished I would have gotten out and explored more. But I guess that always happens.

It ain't so bad.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 04-08-2013, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill, Florida
3,111 posts, read 5,410,514 times
Reputation: 3444
How much lighter is your wallet?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 PM
 
Location: North of South, South of North
8,704 posts, read 9,418,410 times
Reputation: 5108
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Well honestly, not much. No, this isn't a hate/troll thread. After Tampa having been the only place I've ever lived, I moved to California 7 weeks ago. And my quality of life is much better. I also have more things to do, as my life was really stale in Florida.

But I do miss Publix. I worked there and shopped there. Now I'm working for a grocery chain out here in LA, and the ones out here are fine, but there's nothing like Publix. Tampa also has an awesome airport, and people are easier to talk to. However I do not miss the weather.

Though I do find myself appreciating some things about Florida more now that I'm gone, and wished I would have gotten out and explored more. But I guess that always happens.

It ain't so bad.
Glad you are happy where you are now. Everyone should live where they love it. That's why we moved to Palm Harbor, Florida.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-08-2013, 04:47 PM
 
13 posts, read 25,980 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Well honestly, not much. No, this isn't a hate/troll thread. After Tampa having been the only place I've ever lived, I moved to California 7 weeks ago. And my quality of life is much better. I also have more things to do, as my life was really stale in Florida.

But I do miss Publix. I worked there and shopped there. Now I'm working for a grocery chain out here in LA, and the ones out here are fine, but there's nothing like Publix. Tampa also has an awesome airport, and people are easier to talk to. However I do not miss the weather.

Though I do find myself appreciating some things about Florida more now that I'm gone, and wished I would have gotten out and explored more. But I guess that always happens.

It ain't so bad.
PDF - I too, just moved to California from Florida. (Tampa to NorCal) What are the other things you appreciate about Florida over California? One thing I love about Cali is the dry weather. Sure it's more expensive in CA, but I just love the atmosphere better than FL. Hard to describe. It's just the overall vibe. Florida will always be my home and I'll always have love for it.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-08-2013, 05:34 PM
PDF PDF started this thread
 
11,386 posts, read 11,340,306 times
Reputation: 6629
Quote:
Originally Posted by HailToTheRedskins View Post
PDF - I too, just moved to California from Florida. (Tampa to NorCal) What are the other things you appreciate about Florida over California? One thing I love about Cali is the dry weather. Sure it's more expensive in CA, but I just love the atmosphere better than FL. Hard to describe. It's just the overall vibe. Florida will always be my home and I'll always have love for it.
Higher cost of living for sure. I'm not a fan of dry heat, but I live near the water so the weather here is cooler.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM
 
Location: St. Pete, FL
733 posts, read 1,382,417 times
Reputation: 656
glad you're enjoying your move. My move to Florida from Oregon has worked out very well for me, and I LOVE the weather here. It just feels like where i'm supposed to be.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-09-2013, 06:14 AM
 
Location: Terra
2,826 posts, read 3,424,566 times
Reputation: 3341
I would consider moving to CA, but I can't get over the stricter laws, regulations and taxes.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-09-2013, 09:00 AM
 
Location: South Tampa
1,163 posts, read 1,832,344 times
Reputation: 1059
Just remember you moved there 7 weeks ago.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 AM
PDF PDF started this thread
 
11,386 posts, read 11,340,306 times
Reputation: 6629
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
Just remember you moved there 7 weeks ago.
And? That shouldn't matter. It's not like there was any excitement in my life back in Tampa.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
4,678 posts, read 8,885,753 times
Reputation: 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
And? That shouldn't matter. It's not like there was any excitement in my life back in Tampa.
You'll miss it.

EVERYONE misses Florida when they leave. It literally took 7 years for me to get over my homesickness when I left around 2000. You've been in California for less than 2 months, it's still new and exciting for you! Trust me, I live in Texas and I talk to Californians that have left California everyday for various reasons, such as taxes, cost of living, depression, crime, cost of living, politics, ect, ect...

I still miss the Tampa Bay area pretty bad from time to time, but luckily I've found a place that better suits my needs. I give harsh criticism to Florida and the Tampa Bay area and it's usually 70/30 truth vs. experience/opinions, but I can still honestly say that if the economy was right, there's no other place I'd WANT to live.

Oh, and yes, I REALLY miss Publix! Luckily, it's only about an 8 hour drive for me to re-enter the Florida State Line and get to a Publix if I want to, I've made a few trips to Pensacola just for a relaxing weekend of the beach, cuban sandwiches, and wings.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:37 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top