Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 03:29 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times

Advertisements

WOW!
I am sorry but you seem to not understand how a forum works. Not everyone has to agree, and all "I" did was to point out an inconsistence. When someone disagrees it doesn't mean they are someone else. I don't know who this "algia" is, but to address the insane quote above I meant: "IF 'I' were a man...(Which I am not), I wouldn't want to look through too many layers."

Now can we get back on topic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 03:52 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop21 View Post
I am purchasing a home in Pinellas County , and I am using a major real estate firm. The house I decided on is not one of the agents listings . The house was listed by another real estate company. I am Purchasing this home with my VA benefit . I was given a form to initial along with my contract stating that a 295.00 fee will be charged to me at closing as a transaction fee because the company is mandated by the state to hold such records for five years . I asked my VA lender if this was a mandatory fee , and was told that it is not listed on my HUD1 or final closing cost fees. If I initialed this form am I required to pay this Buyers fee.
If all the form says is that it is a transaction fee then tell them you want it removed and get proof that you will not be paying it before closing. If they give you a hassle you can mention that the Busby case ruled that fees such as this are not legal.

Quote:
...The court stated that an 8(b) lawsuit could occur when no real work is done in exchange for the fee, or the fee exceeds the reasonable value of the services actually provided.

The United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama ruled that the Brokerage had not identified settlement services to support the Fee and therefore the court ruled in favor of the Buyer and the class she represented.
If the form states specifically that it is for storage then tell them to reduce it to $25 which is more than adequate for the service they are providing for that fee. I know when I have previously paid for digital archiving and such the normal cost is around $25 so this gives a baseline for storage costs, it may be slightly higher in some areas.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:57 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Are you saying PhotoProIP is algia?

Now you make me curious and did some search....

PhotoProIP has two posts that shows as wife and husband. So, either at least there are two people using this name or one of them is acting like a man and a woman...

Just saying
Well one was banned from the forum on or about 3/17/13 and the other started posting 3/20/13, both are "photographers", both post as both a man and a woman.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:18 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
It certainly appears to be her. Too much of the same. I didn't want to call attention to her as long as she would just leave my comments alone. A fresh start is good and needed for some. If someone gets banned from a Public Forum like this, you would think they would change the way they communicate.

I could ask a Moderator to check to see what IP address the account is logged in from, but don't want to do that. Again, I just ask that she leaves my comments alone.

What I really don't get is adults lying. Makes me shake me head.
Oops I guess I missed out on everything...I had no clue Algia was banned. What happened...

Old 04-11-2013, 08:45 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,030 times
Good point Mike. Just tell them to remove it.

It has nothing to do with Storage and more to do with the MLS Fee. What has become way too common is that the MLS will list the Commission minus a certain amount of money. Very common to see something like this: Commission 2.5% -295 for the Buyer and Seller Agent. Numerous companies have allowed thier MLS listing fee to be passed on to the Clients on each side of the transaction. I would just like to see that go away completely.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:41 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
WOW!
I am sorry but you seem to not understand how a forum works. Not everyone has to agree, and all "I" did was to point out an inconsistence. When someone disagrees it doesn't mean they are someone else. I don't know who this "algia" is, but to address the insane quote above I meant: "IF 'I' were a man...(Which I am not), I wouldn't want to look through too many layers."

Now can we get back on topic?
OK. Fair enough. We will move on. FYI, we used to have a poster called algia, which I actually liked her post as she always brought the "other" view on any topic discussed here. What a talent that was! .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay