Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 05:14 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
And down here by the water there's always a bit of breeze and remarkably few bugs about.
Yep, we notice the same thing. Not a day yet without a breeze and this has been the only place we have ever lived where we can eat outside at a restaurant and never have any flies trying to get our food.

No bugs of any kind inside our house either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 05:14 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
I was talking about when it gets humid! Prius made is clear on many, many, many threads that he likes humid weather...and BTW not everyone replaces electronic like their underwear! If its not broken why replace it? some of us don't have time to watch TV that much, so our TV can live on for decades...we open windows too, but only when its dry, as we don't like mold much.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
I was talking about when it gets humid! Prius made is clear on many, many, many threads that he likes humid weather...and BTW not everyone replaces electronic like their underwear! If its not broken why replace it? some of us don't have time to watch TV that much, so our TV can live on for decades...we open windows too, but only when its dry, as we don't like mold much.
Which shows how your other post did not make any sense. I was making the point that it is May and the windows can still be left open......as in NOT humid. I followed up by saying obviously the windows will be shut during the summer and the AC will be on. I was commenting on how what I was told about AC and windows was completely incorrect, which we figured anyhow. I also told everyone to enjoy the nice day.

So again, not sure why you posted anything about humidity ruining anything....as it is not humid.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:41 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Didn't mean to sound smart-alecky - tone was mean to be tongue-in-cheek. No sense getting incensed over minor details about the weather.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:55 AM

219 posts, read 677,092 times
Its amazing that my 42" HD tv has been out in my lanai for 5 years and works perfect 365 days a year including the hottest and most humid time of year so much for the humidity issue

Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 AM

443 posts, read 558,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Seriously?

I am all for your "Yay Florida" attitude, but in another post you said that there are seasons in florida, now this.
Can't wait for a month from now when the complaints about the searing heat/humidity start surfacing. Oh wait, that's why he's on the ol' ignore list.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:21 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Love bugs fly in front of our cars so they're fair game. I can't remember the last time I had Armadillo remains eating the paint off my car. I hate those stupid bugs.
they were here first- so I am sure they HATE us!

Old 05-06-2013, 03:16 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Yep, we notice the same thing. Not a day yet without a breeze and this has been the only place we have ever lived where we can eat outside at a restaurant and never have any flies trying to get our food.

No bugs of any kind inside our house either.

The thing is some people try to live their lives by taking on nature in the hope of winning but, of course, they never do.
They hermitcally seal and A/C freeze their homes in the belief that they will repell nature when it fact they're doing the worst possible thing.
You need to embrace the elements and work with them. When you do nature can be remarkably kind and rewarding.
I love lovebugs. These little critters are doing their thing. It's why God put them on this planet.
Leave them alone to get it on.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I love lovebugs. These little critters are doing their thing. It's why God put them on this planet.
Leave them alone to get it on.
Okay, I will do my best to swerve back and forth down the road, in an effort to not hit any.

I still think they should get a room. Imagine if us humans were doing that stuff out in public.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:17 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
My TV is 9 years old and I have the air off at least 6 months of the year and have had no problems, my TEAC receiver is over 19 years old, still putting out great sound, and never a problem. Part of that 19 years also includes years when we lived in a condo on the water and used the air even less.
During the summer I do turn the AC on partly to keep the humidity down but those that think everything will fall apart by not using AC non-stop probably have not been here long enough to know better.

In other words, if humidity was the only issue with the electronics going out you still have many years to go.
Time to get a real TV like the new Panasonic ZT60 plasma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay