Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
WOW.....The guy showed up within 2 hours of my call, got me hooked up and running. I am FIOS now baby!

BTW...he said the reason why I would not be able to do it myself is because the FIOS line going into the BH box was cut. He said BH often times cuts the Verizon wire, when installing or uninstalling their service.
Lets clear this up a bit.. Verizon uses the same lines in the house as brighthouse does. When verizon hooks up, they disconnect the brighthouse line. When brighthouse hooks up, they disconnect the verizon line. Its not that brighthouse goes out and cuts fios lines.Its that they cant both be hooked up.

Also, its not uncommon when customers have both brighthouse and fios for fios to try to run there stuff on the same line as BHN. Often times, BRIGHTHOUSE comes out and runs the new line that verizon half assed.. just a little FYI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 02:02 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,406 times
Quote:
WOW.....The guy showed up within 2 hours of my call, got me hooked up and running. I am FIOS now baby!

BTW...he said the reason why I would not be able to do it myself is because the FIOS line going into the BH box was cut. He said BH often times cuts the Verizon wire, when installing or uninstalling their service.
FIOS is buried so kind of hard to cut wires...My husband cut the Brighthouse wire several time with the lawn mower! hahahahahahaha

Are you surprised they cut it? LOL Brighthouse in Tampa sucks...when we visit friends in Orlando is super fast, and you can't even tell the difference between BH and FIOS, but here in Tampa is a joke.

I told you FIOS is cool! All one bill, and they have apps and all sorts of cool options.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:19 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
FIOS is buried so kind of hard to cut wires...My husband cut the Brighthouse wire several time with the lawn mower! hahahahahahaha

Are you surprised they cut it? LOL Brighthouse in Tampa sucks...when we visit friends in Orlando is super fast, and you can't even tell the difference between BH and FIOS, but here in Tampa is a joke.

I told you FIOS is cool! All one bill, and they have apps and all sorts of cool options.
They are cutting it at the wall box. There is actually almost no chance of cutting a wire in the air. Lines underground (fios and brighthouse) are easily cut when underground

Old 05-16-2013, 06:40 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
Lets clear this up a bit.. Verizon uses the same lines in the house as brighthouse does. When verizon hooks up, they disconnect the brighthouse line. When brighthouse hooks up, they disconnect the verizon line. Its not that brighthouse goes out and cuts fios lines.Its that they cant both be hooked up.

Also, its not uncommon when customers have both brighthouse and fios for fios to try to run there stuff on the same line as BHN. Often times, BRIGHTHOUSE comes out and runs the new line that verizon half assed.. just a little FYI
Right now BOTH BH and FIOS are running on the same exact line at the same exact time. Verizon simply installed a special splitter on both ends, which allows both to use the same line....as FIOS runs on a higher frequency. I will cancel BH soon and remove the splitters. My FIOS line was not disconnected....it was actually CUT. I saw it. The Verizon tech warned me that BH does cut them and removes the splitter, rather than just disconnecting the splitter. I noticed it was cut before the tech came out. Seems to make sense as the previous owner used FIOS. We then had BH installed. But now that I wanted and did install FIOS, I found that the splitter was missing and the line was cut.....just like the tech said. Seems pretty clear what happened.

Edit: I want to make it clear where it was being cut. The FIOS line was being cut AFTER it came out of the exterior FIOS wall box and before it went into the exterior cable wall box. It is the coaxial cable that was cut.....not a fiber optic cable.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 05-16-2013 at 06:51 PM..

Old 05-16-2013, 06:46 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post

Hi Algia,

The FIOS line is buried, until it reaches our house. Then it runs up the outside wall to the FIOS box. From the FIOS box it routes to the cable wall box.....which is where it was cut.

I do look forward to seeing what else FIOS can do. You were right. It was the way to go. Glad I followed through. Thx.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:22 PM

164 posts, read 266,558 times
I've got BH and I can say I'm happy. I still say the price is a little high. For the poster who mentioned they have 3/1...that seems slow. However, if you don't stream or download I guess you're good to go.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Hi Algia,

The FIOS line is buried, until it reaches our house. Then it runs up the outside wall to the FIOS box. From the FIOS box it routes to the cable wall box.....which is where it was cut.

I do look forward to seeing what else FIOS can do. You were right. It was the way to go. Glad I followed through. Thx.
Who???

Prius now you got me confused completely and the previous post!!! We have 1 Verizon box! There is nothing here that says BH! We had BH here for like a week because hubby wanted FIOS!

What do u mean they work on the same lines!? That makes no sense considering the difference! When we stay at a certain Marriott in Orlando they have BH and is as fast as our FIOS here, but for that 1 week we had BH here it was slow as hell!? How can that be if they run the same lines? Makes no sense!

Old 05-16-2013, 07:58 PM

BH never fully buries the cable! This is funny but today they were here to replace a wire that got cut by the lawn mowing company that mows the common areas here! Hahahahah

Old 05-16-2013, 08:01 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,692,145 times
17.99 aol dial up free tv and phone not the best but am happy

Old 05-16-2013, 08:09 PM

Dial up???? Wow! I didn't know that was still around! I would loose my mind having to wait like that again for a page to load.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay