Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 02:18 PM

3 posts, read 5,091 times

Advertisements

I have friends that live in Tampa. Looking to relocate after spending 44 long winters here in Chicago, IL.. Any suggestions on rentals? Price range 600. - 900.00 for 3/4 bedrooms. Friend live in Ybor City looking to hit party city any suggestions places to find a decent hard working man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 05:14 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,244,035 times
I recently relocated from Chicago to Tampa as well. I can say that 600-900 for 3/4 bedrooms is probably not possible unless you live in a not great area. Most 1 bedrooms I looked at were 700 starting, and in ybor, they were 850 starting for a 1 bedroom.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:58 PM

9 posts, read 44,418 times
I would not move to Ybor if I were you (great place to visit but very high crime area). I would always go there to Ampitheatre from time to time. From what I heard on the news last week there are alot of incentives out there on rental apartments around here (especially in St.Pete area)

Old 11-01-2007, 06:18 PM

409 posts, read 1,504,875 times
You are going to have a very difficult time getting a place in that price range anywhere in metro Tampa Bay. It may be more possible to get something in that range in Hernando/Citrus Counties. I like to say that Tampa Bay is a "you pay for what you get" place no matter where you live really. Its hard to find a real deal anywhere. The better the deal the worse the area. This is the case in a lot of places but especially in Hillborough and Pinellas Counties. You can probably get a 1-2 bedroom in that range and you are looking at about 1100 and up for a 3 bedroom. Check out Brandon. Just a few miles on the Crosstown Expswy away from Ybor. You can probably find nicer places for your money there.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:06 PM

9 posts, read 44,418 times
I have to agree with you there "you get what you pay for" here in Tampa that's for sure..lol.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:35 AM

272 posts, read 1,531,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilametoo View Post
I have friends that live in Tampa. Looking to relocate after spending 44 long winters here in Chicago, IL.. Any suggestions on rentals? Price range 600. - 900.00 for 3/4 bedrooms. Friend live in Ybor City looking to hit party city any suggestions places to find a decent hard working man?
You will not find a 3/4 bed place anywhere in the Tampa area for that price unless you want to live in an absolute slum.

Ybor City is not a very nice neighborhood. As someone else said, it's a nice place to visit but you probably don't want to live there. There are some clubs there but I don't think I would call it party city. There are probably more nightspots in the downtown Tampa area or over in St. Pete.

As for finding a man, take out a personal ad.

If you want to rent an apartment, look at apartments.com or forrent.com. If you want to rent a house, look at craigslist.com or tbo.com.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:33 AM

2,467 posts, read 12,244,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckardc View Post
You will not find a 3/4 bed place anywhere in the Tampa area for that price unless you want to live in an absolute slum.

Ybor City is not a very nice neighborhood. As someone else said, it's a nice place to visit but you probably don't want to live there. There are some clubs there but I don't think I would call it party city. There are probably more nightspots in the downtown Tampa area or over in St. Pete.

As for finding a man, take out a personal ad.

If you want to rent an apartment, look at apartments.com or forrent.com. If you want to rent a house, look at craigslist.com or tbo.com.
Actually, I would also look at craigslist for apartment rentals as well.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,554 times
Smile Welcome to Tampa

Hi,
I am in the process of relocating to the Tampa Bay Area from Chicago as well. Maybe we could exchange notes on places of interest etc that we find. I am looking desperately for a good bakery a Chinese restaurant, a hairdresser though not necessarily in that order.

Take care
Rupa

Old 11-26-2007, 01:59 PM

2 posts, read 5,554 times
Hi,
Yet another question. Could anyone suggest a super clean neighborhood where we coud rent a townhome while we decide where to buy? I will need to go to Berkely School in Tampa while my husband's office is located in downtown Clearwater. Thanks for your help
Rupa

Old 11-26-2007, 02:15 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,376,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupa Khanna View Post
Hi,
I am in the process of relocating to the Tampa Bay Area from Chicago as well. Maybe we could exchange notes on places of interest etc that we find. I am looking desperately for a good bakery a Chinese restaurant, a hairdresser though not necessarily in that order.

Take care
Rupa
Bakery - Mazzaro's in St. Pete, Alessi in Tampa, Publix all over
Chinese - Yummy House and China Yuan in Tampa
Hairdresser - Clippers are used on what I got left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay