Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2015, 06:52 PM

222 posts, read 219,019 times

Advertisements

I will be moving next week to a family member's residence in Clearwater temporarily while I shop for a house; and I'm super excited! My questions are regarding proof of residency in reference to employment and FWC licensing. I plan on getting my FL driver's license and plates ASAP, while still residing at my family member's house.

How long does it take to get a FL voter registration card?
How long does it take to get a physical driver's license card?

This is what I have as the easiest way to get my residency according to gathergoget:

-My birth certificate & SS card
-FL voter registration card
-Two proofs of residential address from applicant's parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the applicant resides, along with a statement from a parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the applicant resides, combined with two proofs of their residential address

Is there an easier way, or is this the best way?

I would like to get my freshwater/saltwater/lobster permit as soon as possible without having to pay almost triple the cost as a non-resident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 07:50 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,505,516 times
It might be quicker/easier to just get a FL I.D. card in order to get your FWC license. You just walk into any county tax collector office with these 3 things: birth certificate, S.S. card, mail w/your name and new address from your bank or credit card company or from a government agency (if you don't have mail then a letter from people your staying with).
You need those same 3 items four your D.L. but you gotta make an appointment for D.L. test.
You walk out w/ ID card or DL same day (they don't mail it).

Old 10-03-2015, 10:19 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,087,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
It might be quicker/easier to just get a FL I.D. card in order to get your FWC license. You just walk into any county tax collector office with these 3 things: birth certificate, S.S. card, mail w/your name and new address from your bank or credit card company or from a government agency (if you don't have mail then a letter from people your staying with).
You need those same 3 items four your D.L. but you gotta make an appointment for D.L. test.
You walk out w/ ID card or DL same day (they don't mail it).
To transfer you don't need to take a test, we transferd our Illinois DL and did not have to take any test.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:52 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,526,550 times
Not sure but if get the ID card than you still need your drivers license and tags to show Florida as many places require Florida registration of the car as proof.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:14 PM

222 posts, read 219,019 times
Great information, thank you.

Yes, forgot to mention I'll be transferring my NY license.

Is it really that quick? They give you your license the same day?

Old 10-04-2015, 01:25 PM

24 posts, read 19,579 times
its same day for us to transfer from n.y. to fla. bring a utility bill, insurance for the vehicle and get that while your there too

Old 10-04-2015, 04:20 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,229,612 times
If you don't own or lease a residence yet, you'll have to have the relative or whomever you're living with to fill out and sign an affidavit to that effect. The forms are online and it's not a big deal.

You'll get your license on the spot if you have everything in hand.

RM

Old 10-13-2015, 11:01 PM

3 posts, read 6,216 times
Also, I don't know if you're male or female, but if female and use anything other than the name on your birth certificate, you'll also need proof of your name change, ie marriage/divorce certificate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: