Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 04:24 PM

24 posts, read 117,171 times

Advertisements

What about St. Pete/Clearwater -- or is that completely out of the question?! (Commute wise). I am getting the feeling that a 30 min - 1hr. commute is pretty common for you all... uggh! I guess this is good stuff to know. Is Land O Lakes - closer to downtown Tampa than Wesley Chapel?

Also - a couple super random questions ... 1) approx. what time does it get dark? Sounds like a stupid question, but we have mtns that shade our city dark by about 5:15pm. I am not the best night driver - so i am curious what hours I am cool to work and drive home in time 2) Is it safe to keep a little dog (8 lbs) in your backyard during the whole day? I have heard all these horror stories of snakes and other creatures and I can't imagine it would be SO bad you couldn't let your dog out. 3)What is the price approx. to cool/heat an average single fam. home there? (lets say 2000 sq ft.)

Thanks soooo much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 06:08 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,556,791 times
Default Not exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zealgirl7 View Post
What about St. Pete/Clearwater -- or is that completely out of the question?! (Commute wise). I am getting the feeling that a 30 min - 1hr. commute is pretty common for you all... uggh! I guess this is good stuff to know. Is Land O Lakes - closer to downtown Tampa than Wesley Chapel?

Also - a couple super random questions ... 1) approx. what time does it get dark? Since the time change, the sun rises around 6:45am and sets around 5:45pm. Sounds like a stupid question, but we have mtns that shade our city dark by about 5:15pm. I am not the best night driver - so i am curious what hours I am cool to work and drive home in time 2) Is it safe to keep a little dog (8 lbs) in your backyard during the whole day? I have heard all these horror stories of snakes and other creatures and I can't imagine it would be SO bad you couldn't let your dog out. Love my dog. He is an inside dog though...it gets really hot in the summertime. Our yard is also fenced, so he goes out regularly. Loves to chase the little lizzards. We also have a screen enclosed lanai. 3)What is the price approx. to cool/heat an average single fam. home there? (lets say 2000 sq ft.) We're on "averaging" with the electric company and our bill is around $150 per month. Not much need for heat in the winter, but I need AC in the summer (my Dad says I'm a sissy). That figure is for the two of us...plus our furry friend. And our AC unit is not the most efficient.

Thanks soooo much!
Earlier you said your husband will be working off I-275 and Memorial, which is not downtown. It's considered west Tampa. Because of this location is why I suggested Land O Lakes which is further west and north of the Memorial/I-275 area.

Clearwater/St. Pete should be around the same in commute times (depending on how far west you live), but it will require crossing a bridge over Tampa Bay (fantastic views). Should there be an accident or a backup, the commute time will go up.

See above for my responses to your random thoughts.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:50 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,556,791 times
Default Lots available

Good luck with your rental, Bee. There are 231 rental properties on the retail market in Wesley Chapel at the moment with 33 of them being in Seven Oaks.

Last edited by sunrico90; 11-08-2007 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: Orphaned post

Old 11-08-2007, 02:12 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,547,726 times
Well thanks, I have it rented out for a long time and have had great tenants. So I'm not worried. By the way in the area where the property is, there are none for rent, must be a good and nice neighbor hood don't you think..

Old 11-08-2007, 02:46 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,170,992 times
Quote:
What about St. Pete/Clearwater -- or is that completely out of the question?! (Commute wise). I am getting the feeling that a 30 min - 1hr. commute is pretty common for you all... uggh! Thanks soooo much!

Downtown Clearwater to downtown Tampa takes dh an hour to an hour and a half at peak times, with no accidents on the Courtney Campbell.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:50 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,170,992 times
Quote:
Is it safe to keep a little dog (8 lbs) in your backyard during the whole day?
It isn't likely he'd be eaten by alligators unless you're unfenced and on a lake-- but if he barks, you may have a really bad relationship with your neighbors very quickly. And in the summer it's soooo hot that it's unfair to the dog, even if you leave him clean water. Dog houses can get unbearable-- in 90 degree weather, the lack of circulation and breeze can feel like 115 or more to those wearing natural fur coats.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:19 PM

24 posts, read 117,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
It isn't likely he'd be eaten by alligators unless you're unfenced and on a lake-- but if he barks, you may have a really bad relationship with your neighbors very quickly. And in the summer it's soooo hot that it's unfair to the dog, even if you leave him clean water. Dog houses can get unbearable-- in 90 degree weather, the lack of circulation and breeze can feel like 115 or more to those wearing natural fur coats.

Good stuff to know!! She isn't really an outdoor dog... more my little lap dog. But since we'd like to have a fenced yard - i just wanted to make sure that she is safe to be out there unattended at least while say I am making dinner inside. Are alligators in just about every lake? is she safe if the fenced yard butts up to a lake? Wow... never thought I'd have to wonder about alligators!!! crazy!!? The worst I worry is if she can walk in even a ft of snow!

Old 11-08-2007, 07:19 PM

3 posts, read 11,881 times
We just moved here last week and I think the area is really nice. So far the people are really nice to (except when they are driving! LOL!) Everything around here is new. We are staying in the apartments in Seven Oaks temporary until we sell our house in Maryland. I was told that there is going to be a huge shopping mall across the street from Seven Oaks. I don't know how true this info is but I heard that the mall will be the biggest mall in Florida. Has anyone else heared about this?

Old 11-08-2007, 07:40 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,547,726 times
There is mall coming across from Seven Oaks but it isn't the biggest mall. The mall on State Road 54 on the other side of I-75 will be huge. I'm not sure if it will be the biggest. Than there is a small opening on I-75 and State road 54, where Best buy just opened. So the Wesley Chapel area is great. Driving is So many people have never heard of using a signal when they turn but just brake and maybe hope the car behind them stops on time. Last week I drove on I-75 close to State Road 56 and a pick-up truck lost a matrass which just missed our car and luckily nobody else got injured, it fell onto the meridian. The police should give tickets for people not using robes to tie stuff in their pick-up trucks. When the malls are opening there will be more traffic, but it will bring more jobs and money into Pasco County which is good for the economy.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:51 AM

205 posts, read 987,011 times
That would be a hell of a commute, LOL...you are talking 1 hour+ on a good day, EACH WAY. Traffic is terrible and Wesley Chapel is becoming horribly overcrowded. Not to mention it looks like Mr Rogers friggin neighborhood with all the cookie cutter houses six inches apart from each other....and where one subdivision ends, another starts.
I live near 54 in Wesley Chapel and take the LONG way just to avoid driving on it. To put it in perspective, we live about 8-9 miles or so from I-75 off 54...during rush hour (whcih seems to be ALL DAY), it takes me 30-40 minutes to get from my house to I-75.
That's not counting the additional 30 minutes it takes just to get into Tampa itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay