U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 09:24 AM

47 posts, read 129,079 times

Advertisements

we are looking to relocate to Florida I have a son with Dyslexia and need schools that specialize in it. I found one in Clearwater called The DePaul School for Dyslexia. Anyone know anything about it or schools like it in the area? Also from what I have been reading Safety Harbor sounds like what we are looking for as far as where to live. From what I see the rents are high and I am from NY so I was surprised to see the rents are even higher in Safety Harbor! We want to rent a single family home But would be open to a townhouse or apartment if it was in a family friendly complex. Any suggestions on an area that is very Similar to Safety Harbor but with more affordable rents that aren't in a sketchy area. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 09:36 AM

2,727 posts, read 4,630,957 times
Is this a private school or what?

I just typed the place and looked at the map. You are right in Safety harbor and Countryside of clearwater. There are great places to rent in Countryside. You can rent like this one.

Apartments & Townhomes in Clearwater, FL | Enclave at Northwood

Don't just get fixated with Safety Harbor.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:25 PM

323 posts, read 611,974 times
Yeah, basically all of the areas around Safety Harbor are somewhat similar, in terms of nice neighborhoods and family friendly. I don't think they have the same small town type of feel, but you would probably do fine in the Countryside or Palm Harbor areas too. If you're still in love with Safety Harbor after a couple years, maybe you could buy there

Old 05-26-2013, 07:28 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,577,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDoneWithNY View Post
we are looking to relocate to Florida I have a son with Dyslexia and need schools that specialize in it. I found one in Clearwater called The DePaul School for Dyslexia. Anyone know anything about it or schools like it in the area? Also from what I have been reading Safety Harbor sounds like what we are looking for as far as where to live. From what I see the rents are high and I am from NY so I was surprised to see the rents are even higher in Safety Harbor! We want to rent a single family home But would be open to a townhouse or apartment if it was in a family friendly complex. Any suggestions on an area that is very Similar to Safety Harbor but with more affordable rents that aren't in a sketchy area. Thanks
I am very familiar with the DePaul School. It isn't far from Safety Harbor at all, and the school would be a great fit for your son. I know a family whose daughter used to attend there and had a wonderful experience with it. There are no other schools in Pinellas County that serve dyslexic students exclusively. Center Academy in Palm Habor handles learning disabilities and ADHD/ADD and dyslexia, but they will not have Orton-Gillingham based programming like DePaul does.

Safety Harbor is wonderful. I live there and absolutely love it. I'm a Tampa Bay native and can tell you that Safety Harbor has, for as long as I can remember, been a very desirable location. Yes, rent is very high here, but that's because it's such a fantastic place to live … especially for families. There aren't any big apartment complexes. Most rentals are homes. If you need to go cheaper, look into Countryside. Although it lacks the walkability and small town feel that Safety Harbor has, it is still a decent area and it is close to the DePaul School and Safety Harbor. You can always drive into Safety Harbor and take advantage of all the festivals and fun on the weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or