Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 07:33 PM

30,430 posts, read 21,248,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'm happy with Brighthouse. No problems whatsoever. Price is right. I'll stick w/ them. No reason to change provider.
Same here, heard too many peeps cry about V.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 08:33 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,823,614 times
BH is my only option for decent internet. I have their phone service, no complaints other than the stupid modem rental fee.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:36 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,461,528 times
I just wish one of them would up it to 1gb at a decent price ala google.

Its going to happen, why not do it now, make customers happy?

Whoever does will get (retain) a ton of customers.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:55 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Secondly......and this is a word of warning for those considering ending their service with BH......they charged me a $51 change of service fee to end the service with them. It is not a balance due fee, but an ADDITIONAL fee. They never mentioned that, but now it is on my final bill.
LOL, try to cancel your Verizon and see how much you will be paying )

We have BH and our bill is $35 (incl. taxes) for internet connection. Modem was provided for no extra charge. Recently we had some problems (no connection) and technician was at our home the following day on time, changed modem and feels like internet works even better now.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:02 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post

We have BH and our bill is $35 (incl. taxes) for internet connection. Modem was provided for no extra charge. Recently we had some problems (no connection) and technician was at our home the following day on time, changed modem and feels like internet works even better now.
Now I'm starting to think you have a thing for me, as you are rapid firing responses to all my posts in multiple threads. Awe, I feel so loved. If you are happy with BH, then I am glad for you. Like I said, I never really had any issues with the service. It was about price. We can't go with the cheap plan you have, as we need high speed for business. Don't worry though, I won't ever go back to them now.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:26 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post

I've had a couple of issues with my TIVO reception and called them, they sent a tech, fixed it. Connection issue was my fault and nothing to do w/ BH - they fixed it anyway, no charge, no complaint.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:56 PM

254 posts, read 591,427 times
When I finally had it with the ever increasing cost of V, I finally went for a cheapy inro offer deal with BH. I'm now paying almost half. I know it'll creep back up, but I'm already getting hit with the cheapy come ons to rejoin V, so i can always switch a year or two if needed.

BTW, when I called to cancel V, they hassalled me as to why would I leave and at what price would it take for me to stay, etc. I told the guy, look, you never dropped the price before, and now I've got BH coming to install, so forget it. I asked for a confirmation # for the disconnect and he said they 'don't do that'. He said he would 'note my account'. Well, he never did. I suspected that may happen, so I called aweek later to check the status of the disconect, and sure enough, there was 'no record', etc. It took three loooong calls with billing to finally untangle it. You wouyld think a global technological powerhouse like V could handle a little billing transaction like mine, but noooo. Their computer system can't do this and can't do that, and they are only authorized to to do X when you need Y, etc etc. You've all been there with companies customer service/billig departments, I'm sure. I had to simultneously run a calculation of the charges due for credit in Excel while talking to them to make sure the amount was right. They seem so blase about it all.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
We recently switched from BrightHouse to Verizon FIOS for our internet. While I never had anything really bad to say about BH and decided to go with Verizon based on incredible pricing and service just as good, if not better.......I do now have something to say.

First, I think cutting the FIOS line when it is not their line pretty much tells a whole lot about them.

Secondly......and this is a word of warning for those considering ending their service with BH......they charged me a $51 change of service fee to end the service with them. It is not a balance due fee, but an ADDITIONAL fee. They never mentioned that, but now it is on my final bill.

All I can say now, given these two issues, is nice way to ensure I never go back to BH again!
This is not correct. BHN does not charge to cancel or change level of service. This may be your prorated finally billing but not a service charge.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:16 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,375,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnland View Post
When I finally had it with the ever increasing cost of V, I finally went for a cheapy inro offer deal with BH. I'm now paying almost half. I know it'll creep back up, but I'm already getting hit with the cheapy come ons to rejoin V, so i can always switch a year or two if needed.

BTW, when I called to cancel V, they hassalled me as to why would I leave and at what price would it take for me to stay, etc. I told the guy, look, you never dropped the price before, and now I've got BH coming to install, so forget it.
This is the problem with BH, in my humble opinion.

I was a BH customer for nearly 15 years, and when I realized I could get a much better package deal from Verizon, I called BH to talk to them about a way I might get similar services for a more competitive price.

Despite speaking with them on several occasions about it, they were very clear that they would not negotiate with me or even consider matching Verizon's price for equal services. When I told them on my last call that I would be ending my service with BH for Verizon they seemed indifferent. I would add that I was very civil with them and played the whole thing from a "I want to remain a BH customer" angle as opposed to a demanding "Meet their price or I leave" approach. I even asked to speak to someone in retention, but apparently BH has no such thing.

Ironically, within a week of ending my BH service they were calling me about the deals they could give me. The second time they called I asked them to pull up my customer records and review my previous calls. When I explained that they had several chances to retain me as a customer but chose not to, the calls ended.

I'm not that discriminating about most of my cable service, so other than price there is little motivation to change. Unless Verizon comes back when my initial contract is up next year and tries to jack up the price, there is no incentive to change.

RM

Old 05-31-2013, 01:39 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
We are a "brighthouse" ...so far so good(about 3yrs now) our wireless works well throughout the whole house...can't complain about phone or cable...the only bad part is the one time it went out...we were a "dullhouse"...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay