Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:19 PM

143 posts, read 240,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Then if you are stuck with BH, but want to stream.....best to try to negotiate the highest speed you feel you want to afford.
The 30Mb/s they offer in their standard package is lots to stream "HD" off the net. AFAIK blurays eatup about 40Mb/s and there is no way anybody will stream you bluray quality video/audio.... a single bluray movie is about 35GB or so. That's a ton of data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 12:38 PM

35,360 posts, read 20,722,137 times
So far the 30 is doing just fine with nexflix and amazon movies. I have not had time this week to check out my "internet" search and videos or youtube etc,, the 10MB was NOT doing very well and that is why I switched. I am still working on figuring out my new keyboard, which only works on (the net) not on netflix etc. IF it does, I dont know how to use it yet. also there should be a little tv screen and reg one,,, again I have not had time to figure it all out.... where are the kids when you need them!!

Old 08-16-2013, 01:43 PM

471 posts, read 541,899 times
30 with BH is plenty good for us for now. We stream Netflix on the main home TV and also on tablet/ipods/laptops. It was pushing it when we had 20 when my son would scream lag while playing internet games at the same time that more than one person was also watching Netflix or Youtube. 30 has kept things civilized...for now.
We also use the same internet connection for Ooma internet phone (no cost) and have long cut the cord from DirecTV. TV at home is free off the air with antenna in the attic and a home made computer/DVR that record all our favorite TV shows and even then, still don't have time to watch. The only thing I miss is ESPN but that's ok, that's where the "Tampa Bay Fishing Fun" thread can fill the void.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:58 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,833,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
So far the 30 is doing just fine with nexflix and amazon movies. I have not had time this week to check out my "internet" search and videos or youtube etc,, the 10MB was NOT doing very well and that is why I switched. I am still working on figuring out my new keyboard, which only works on (the net) not on netflix etc. IF it does, I dont know how to use it yet. also there should be a little tv screen and reg one,,, again I have not had time to figure it all out.... where are the kids when you need them!!
Thx for the update. I am very interested in how the keyboard ends up working for you. I will be following your updates and will purchase the keyboard if it works out for you.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this information, as well as all the other great input you offer.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:17 PM

35,360 posts, read 20,722,137 times
Sure anytime - It is about playing smart n saving money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay