Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 PM

35,362 posts, read 20,722,137 times

Advertisements

The madness of people has NO boundaries,,, difference... more people (like a city) more crime and more media,,, rural areas- less people, no news media,,, people are either good and evil,,,or in between all over the world, behind the gated prestine gardens as well as the ghettos. Sadly some are still called human,,, but it is what it is.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:08 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,845,037 times
I remember a story a couple years ago, I believe near Orlando, where some guy broke into a house to rob it, then on his way out the door, turned on the stove and threw the family cat on the burners..

Remember the whale that rode the manatee and got arrested?

I think it has more to do with the sheer volume of bizarre stories that come out of Florida than it does animal cruelty, I think it happens in a lot of places, it's just reported more in Florida because of the story its attached to.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:02 AM

296 posts, read 654,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Torturing animals = not funny material.
My recommendation, grow a broader sense of humor. Sometimes comedy is a nice temporary escape from a dark topic.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:37 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,169,063 times
I am totally not going to open those links because I will drive back from Denver and mutilate some people myself. WTF

Old 05-30-2013, 09:59 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,234,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romes591 View Post
My recommendation, grow a broader sense of humor. Sometimes comedy is a nice temporary escape from a dark topic.
there are more than enough funny topics in the world, torturing/mutilating helpless animals isn't one of them, even for those with the greatest sense of humor (like myself). Other topics that aren't funny: pedophilia, murder, rape. The people torturing pets are the ones who think its pretty funny.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:52 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,811,638 times
Quote:
I could swear I've seen very successful comedians tell jokes about all of those subjects. Oh well, knock knock jokes and chickens crossing roads it is from now on with this PC world.

Now excuse me while I go yell at kids to get off my lawn and to turn down that damn hippity hop music!
Maybe so but that is their forum. This is different and the old saying "there's a time and a place". It's not about being too PC but moreso just using proper sensitivity and judgment.

Flip side, I try to be as bias as possible so in your defense, you may have been trying to lighten the mood of a very disturbing subject but unfortunately the inflection of how things come across very easily gets lost in translation when texting/emailing/posting to forums, etc.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:43 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,811,638 times
Quote:
No worries, next time I'll throw in a Rim-shot
Oooops, earlier I meant "I try to be as UNbias as possible". Long day

Old 05-30-2013, 07:10 PM

35,362 posts, read 20,722,137 times
I will say that you will get more "rise" out of people with an abouse of an animal than with kids.. sorry but blog, comments, in different medias ,,, people get real mad about pets and guns..

Old 05-30-2013, 08:00 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,833,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
there are more than enough funny topics in the world, torturing/mutilating helpless animals isn't one of them, even for those with the greatest sense of humor (like myself). Other topics that aren't funny: pedophilia, murder, rape. The people torturing pets are the ones who think its pretty funny.
Would like to rep you, but must spread around first.

When I first read the title, I thought it was going to be about people with colds or something. But unfortunately it was not. It is a very serious subject.

Here is my thought on this and it is all opinion, with zero facts to back it up. I do not necessarily think there is more animal cruelty here than lots of other places. Could be wrong there....who knows. BUT, one thing I have noticed here is very professional, investigative and pursuing media. I like that. It is what the media should be. I love WFLA's daily stories. They really uncover a lot. This in turn puts pressure on the powers that be to make sure they are doing everything they can to catch criminals....otherwise THEY could be exposed.

The media here is doing a great job of holding people accountable.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:01 AM

296 posts, read 654,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
Oooops, earlier I meant "I try to be as UNbias as possible". Long day
I knew what you meant.

My aim wasn't to upset anyone, it was to bring light to an otherwise dark topic. Other people would rather continue to dwell on something terrible that happened, but no one can change or has any control over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay