U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 04:58 PM

3,981 posts, read 9,684,652 times

Advertisements

I think the little guy brough them home from school in his nap blankets, and now I cant get rid of them!

Anyone recomend any good/inexpensive exterminators?

Have tried spraying and cleaning everything, but I think they hide in the walls...

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 07:54 PM

25,345 posts, read 14,240,078 times
oh boy... sure its not lice? bed bugs are very hard to eliminate

Old 05-30-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
oh boy... sure its not lice? bed bugs are very hard to eliminate
positive

It is driving me nuts too.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:15 PM

professional only way to go-- you own?

Old 05-30-2013, 07:48 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,221,935 times
This is not a do-it-yourself job. My daughter brought home bed bugs from middle school two years ago. Her bedroom was totally infested. We went through the treatments and within 6 months, my other daughters bedroom was infested. Bed bugs can hitch hike a ride on anything like a backpack, and then other students will bring them home.

We used the same exterminator we use yearly. Call Rick Ricker (813)948-1122. We have been using him for years. He is honest and does a great job! His prices are reasonable. He has 2 guys that are very knowledgable in bed bugs.

I prepped the room before they came. I took all the clothes and anything washable (blankets, stuffed animals, etc) and washed in hot water and placed in the dryer for 2 hours. The heat will kill them. Anything not washable, but wanted to keep and that could fit into a black garbage bag was placed in this black garbage bag and placed outside in the heat all day. I put them on our lanai until treatments were over. Rick Ricker's bed bug guy opened the bags and gave a little spray and re-closed it. This ensures that no bed bugs would survive. We brought the bed to the dump (don't place outside, because people will take it to their home). We bought new beds after the treatments and invested in mattress covers specifically for bed bugs (not all mattress covers will keep out bed bugs).

Bed bugs can hide in the smallest of places like picture frames, clocks, books, lamps, etc. This whole process was very time consuming and a real pain in the butt!

It has been 2 years, and I am still a little paranoid about those bugs. YUCK!

Old 05-31-2013, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
professional only way to go-- you own?
renting in a condo complex, sharing multiple walls with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaegel View Post
This is not a do-it-yourself job. My daughter brought home bed bugs from middle school two years ago. Her bedroom was totally infested. We went through the treatments and within 6 months, my other daughters bedroom was infested. Bed bugs can hitch hike a ride on anything like a backpack, and then other students will bring them home.

We used the same exterminator we use yearly. Call Rick Ricker (813)948-1122. We have been using him for years. He is honest and does a great job! His prices are reasonable. He has 2 guys that are very knowledgable in bed bugs.

I prepped the room before they came. I took all the clothes and anything washable (blankets, stuffed animals, etc) and washed in hot water and placed in the dryer for 2 hours. The heat will kill them. Anything not washable, but wanted to keep and that could fit into a black garbage bag was placed in this black garbage bag and placed outside in the heat all day. I put them on our lanai until treatments were over. Rick Ricker's bed bug guy opened the bags and gave a little spray and re-closed it. This ensures that no bed bugs would survive. We brought the bed to the dump (don't place outside, because people will take it to their home). We bought new beds after the treatments and invested in mattress covers specifically for bed bugs (not all mattress covers will keep out bed bugs).

Bed bugs can hide in the smallest of places like picture frames, clocks, books, lamps, etc. This whole process was very time consuming and a real pain in the butt!

It has been 2 years, and I am still a little paranoid about those bugs. YUCK!
that does not sound like fun. remember how much it cost?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:06 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,221,935 times
Because we are long term customers, he gave us a huge discount. Two years ago, it was just under $300. I believe he said new customers, it will cost around $1,000, but I could have misunderstood.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaegel View Post
Because we are long term customers, he gave us a huge discount. Two years ago, it was just under $300. I believe he said new customers, it will cost around $1,000, but I could have misunderstood.
wow

Old 05-31-2013, 02:31 PM

OMG, I know I wrk pt at a home improvement store and starting to see the cans of spray sold and wonder if they know it may NOT be enough... id call owner, all the condos could be affected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay