Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 06:19 AM

91 posts, read 387,717 times

Advertisements

I was just curious if anyone can tell me about the rules and regulations their homeowners associations may have about motorcycles and jet skis.

Where we used to live in Boynton Beach, FL (although it was a townhome community) they did not allow motorcycles at all. In fact, we had a friend come visit on a motorcycle one time and they would not even let him through the front gate!

I have a bike now and would like to buy a jet ski one day so I was curious if that will dictate the kind of community I can live in. What other types of rules generally apply in these homeowner associations? I know in certain communities you need approval to paint your home certain colors or to plant trees or shrubs.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 10:11 AM

64 posts, read 233,532 times
HOA's can all be different. Some just don't want things like camping or boat trailers parked along the side of a house or in the back yard. A lot of subdivisions that are 5 and 10 acre lots allow trailers, motorhomes, etc. but they must usually be in a structure or out of view. If the community is established their ARB (Architectual Review Board) can require the owner to submit color samples for painting, landscape drawings and lot information if installing a pool.

Before you buy, be sure to get a copy of the HOA's Declaration of Protective Covenants with all of it's amendments. It should be based on Chapter 720 of the Florida Statutes.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:22 AM

515 posts, read 1,347,974 times
Most HOAs regulate things such as the exterior color of the house and the landscaping. Nobody wants to be next to someone who decides to put astroturf down as a lawn and paint the house neon green.

Motorcycles can vary by the individual HOA. Mine doesn't prohibit residents from riding motorcycles or owning jet skis, however it does prohibit watercraft from being stored on the driveway or in the street. Basically you can have one, but need to either keep it in the garage or off-site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay