Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 6,760 times

Advertisements

I have just found my dream home in Corey Lake. I am from VA and do not have a clue about the area.
Any thoughts or advice ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 04:38 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Isn't it personal preference. Some people may find it too far away from certain things while others may think it is great. Please google this community since I believe there were HOA issues not to long ago.

http://www.ccfj.net/HOAartFLCLI.htm check this out.

http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/in...ecline-313761/

It looks like most articles are older, perhaps issues are solved...not sure though.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:24 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
Just check some random house for sale in Cory Lakes:
Annual CDD Fee: $6100
HOA $:104 Annual
Annual Taxes:$10,572 (I assume incl. CDD but it's in question)
What a great place to live in

Last edited by EngGirl; 06-07-2013 at 08:53 AM..

Old 06-07-2013, 07:34 AM

1,139 posts, read 3,465,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulvi View Post
I have just found my dream home in Corey Lake. I am from VA and do not have a clue about the area.
Any thoughts or advice ?
If you have found your dream home and can afford it, go with the flow!

Old 06-07-2013, 08:48 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,030 times
Check to see what the CDD price is. A lot of listings have the CDD combined with the taxes but don't break it down the correct way on the MLS. That said, there are some expensive homes in there if primarily if you are along the water.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:54 AM

2 posts, read 6,760 times
Default Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Isn't it personal preference. Some people may find it too far away from certain things while others may think it is great. Please google this community since I believe there were HOA issues not to long ago.

HOA Articles Florida CORY LAKE ISLES POA check this out.

Cory Lake Isles community in decline

It looks like most articles are older, perhaps issues are solved...not sure though.
This information was very helpful. Love the song !!!!!!

Old 06-12-2013, 08:29 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,653,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulvi View Post
Any thoughts or advice ?
It may be your dream home, but it might also be your next nightmare. I was just talking with a few people who knew of a friend looking at Cory Lakes. My friend, who is one of the head board team member for Meadow Pointe's Country Walk, when she heard this, she became very animated saying "NO, NO, NO, NOOOOOO! You DO NOT want to buy in, Cory Lake Isles"! Another person chimmed in, in agreement. My friend said that the latest thing they are dealing with was something was wrong with the pavers and that they had to convert the pavers over to asphalt and it is going to be a major cost to the residents. They keep raising the CDD fees hundreds of dollars. I have heard a lot of crap about Cory Lake. There have been major lawsuits against the builder. I have heard it floods easily as well. I would seriously look into what else is wrong before buying your "dream home".

Eight years ago when we were looking to buy a home in New Tampa, our realtor refused to show us anything in there. She told us Cory Lake Isles has too many issues.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
There are 28 homes for sale and it seems homes are selling....perhaps home owners have an fair opinion about the community but usually sellers are optimistic and while people who can't put it on the market for whatever reason and are stuck will be having a more fair opinion since they don't have to benefit from positive remarks.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:09 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
I would love if some out of state investors buy the entire community of Cory Lakes because based on the price per sq.ft. and pictures all Cory Lake houses are just beautiful! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay