Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 915 times

Advertisements

Hi!

We live in Cory Lake and have lived here for over 10 years and love it. I have never seen it flood anywhere in the community. Yes, the lake is man made (I don't think there are very many "natural" lakes anywhere in Tampa) and you can ski on some parts of it. In June the new pool will open- complete with water slide for the kiddos. We love it here. We have a very active community now that we have a new management company. There are always events going on for kids and adults. I would highly recommend the community. I am not sure what costs the person is referring to--New Tampa does have high taxes, we have CDD and HOA fees, but those would all be included in rent. Typically rent is anywhere from 1200-2200 in the community. If you are looking for a luxury community- this is it. Brick paved roads, tropical landscaping that is very well kept, 24/7 security guards at both gates, club house, constant events for the family, several parks, skating rink, tennis, ski lake, and its beautiful! Hope that helps..

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaegel View Post
I just posted to another posting regarding Cory Lake Isles. I would recommend finding another subdivision. It has too many problems that would be very costly for you, even though you are renting, the owner may pass along some of the cost to you. You can ask your realtor about flooding in Cory Lake Isles, because I have heard that is an issue there. The lakes are all man made, and it was done without permission.

As far as schools, my kids go to Freedom High School (just south of I-75 in The Tampa Palms area. It is okay. I hear Wharton is slightly better.

Land O' Lakes is the number one high school in Pasco County. It also has an IB program if your child qualifies.

If you are looking at Land O' Lakes high school, you may want to check out Wilderness Lakes Preserve, which is right across from the high school. [url=http://wildernesslake.org/dave/wlp/]Wilderness Lake Preserve | Nature Untouched[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 02:36 PM

28 posts, read 32,119 times
How would the commute into downtown and the airport be?

Old 09-26-2013, 09:16 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssebz9 View Post
Hi!

We live in Cory Lake and have lived here for over 10 years and love it. I have never seen it flood anywhere in the community. Yes, the lake is man made (I don't think there are very many "natural" lakes anywhere in Tampa) and you can ski on some parts of it. In June the new pool will open- complete with water slide for the kiddos. We love it here. We have a very active community now that we have a new management company. There are always events going on for kids and adults. I would highly recommend the community. I am not sure what costs the person is referring to--New Tampa does have high taxes, we have CDD and HOA fees, but those would all be included in rent. Typically rent is anywhere from 1200-2200 in the community. If you are looking for a luxury community- this is it. Brick paved roads, tropical landscaping that is very well kept, 24/7 security guards at both gates, club house, constant events for the family, several parks, skating rink, tennis, ski lake, and its beautiful! Hope that helps..
You gonna be kidding me!
Are you trying to say Cory Lake is one of many CDD and HOA Communities in New Tampa? Why are the CDD fees are so high than? I just randomly picked listed for sale house and it say - CDD - $6,100, taxes - $4,400. That's the highest I've seen in New Tampa...

Would you like to share details about homeowners lawsuit? What was the outcome and how it affected all homeowners?

Why CDD fees increased from $4K to $6K?

Cory Lake is the community with most negative reviews and articles like that one:
Hidden debt shocks New Tampa community | Tampa Bay Times

Here is the article about problems this man-made lake caused: Northoftampa: Lake of troubled waters:
Violations included failing to repair certain wetlands; digging the wrong depth and slopes to other wetlands, making erosion - and the water pollution that comes with it - likely; failing to build or repair silt screens that capture sediment to prevent pollution around other wetlands; diverting wetland water into Cory Lake; and not planting or maintaining the proper vegetation along wetlands to prevent erosion while also creating a vibrant ecosystem." - underlined is the main cause of flooding.
If you reed entire article, you can see the example of how money could change rules...

Looking at Zillow and see pre-foreclosures and foreclosures makes me wonder why people don't want to live there...

Old 09-26-2013, 07:02 PM

12 posts, read 14,817 times
Land o Lakes Hs has an IB program. If you're interested in higher Ed. Also there is Academy at the Lakes its expensive but again Higher Ed.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:12 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdalechek View Post
How would the commute into downtown and the airport be?
A headache if you take Bruce B Downs...but its a catch 22 becuase thats the only way out lol

Old 09-27-2013, 08:03 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
A headache if you take Bruce B Downs...but its a catch 22 becuase thats the only way out lol
what about Morris Bridge Rd? You take it to I-75... then to I-4 towards downtown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay