Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 12:13 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,755,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
Why would anyone move to Florida if they don't Love he heat?
Personally I find December through March Miserable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Your question has been asked by me and many others many times. I found one thing. Malcontents do not like to answer questions. Malcontents only complain and point out negatives in their lives. Anyone who did not know it is hot in the southern portion of the U.S. has a screw loose.
Not everyone has a choice where they live. Sometimes their job sends them here. Some people are military. I just remind myself we have 1 more year left in my husband's tour here, then we are gone

Old 06-14-2013, 03:43 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
You could do a poll in the Florida thread, that way you would get input from the state as a whole. I'd be interested to see the numbers as well.
The only two issues with that would be the huge difference in climates throughout the state and the fact that human nature is usually for people to take the time to complain, rather than to compliment. But, just a quick poll of the responses in this very thread for this particular area has it actually in favor of the people who like the weather here.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:46 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
For all those living in the Tampa Bay area and complaining about it, I wish you the opportunity to leave and live elsewhere. In the meantime ...
As much as i hate the reverse west wind flow, i only have to live with it for about 3.5 months.

No way i could deal with a winter north of FL. My top pick if i were to move would be Cuba, i would get my hurricanes, and some real rain, have some real offshore fishing, pretty water and coconut palms, my other choice would be Queensland down under. I am stuck with 29 homes i can't sell so i am here to stay for a while.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
For all those living in the Tampa Bay area and complaining about it, I wish you the opportunity to leave and live elsewhere. In the meantime ...
LOL!

But seriously, what makes it so comfortable here is the western sea-breeze. Feels great on the skin. I love that we have it every single day. Much better than the stagnant air we had in other places we lived.

Plus it helps create the storms inland a bit, that then move back to the coastline.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:41 PM

That seabreeze comes off of nasty, sticky 83 to 90 degree gulf temps and make life hell when we are stuck in a reverse west wind flow.

Now i will agree i enjoy a seabreeze when we have a southeast wind flow and allows build ups to pop around the Brandon area and move toward the westcoast. Just kinda sad we see very little of what was our normal summer pattern back in the 70's.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
I can't wait to feel the Florida heat next month, even if it is for a few days! We're still waiting for summer to arrive here, its not even warm enough to take a swim yet
I know how you feel. When we lived in New England, the water was always very very cold, the good temps didn't last long and the sea-breeze was usually awful, as it came across cold water. The wonderful thing about our western sea-breeze here is that it comes across the gulf, which keeps the temps really nice. It simply is paradise.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:18 AM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,821,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I know how you feel. When we lived in New England, the water was always very very cold, the good temps didn't last long and the sea-breeze was usually awful, as it came across cold water. The wonderful thing about our western sea-breeze here is that it comes across the gulf, which keeps the temps really nice. It simply is paradise.
That exactly described my last beach day, lol. It was gorgeous out, in the 80's, but at the beach, the water was ice cold and the wind coming off the water made me put on a long sleeve shirt for a bit.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
I am a veteran so I am aware of PCS. You could wind up in some lousy places.
I wouldnt put Florida on the last of lousy places, but to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Not everyone has a choice where they live. Sometimes their job sends them here. Some people are military. I just remind myself we have 1 more year left in my husband's tour here, then we are gone

Old 06-15-2013, 08:26 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
23-yr vet here, was an Army Brat as well. Lived in over 30-40 places in total, maybe more. I'm used to hearing military families whine about their current situation, but only to reminisce about the place after they're long gone. Happens all the time. They don't know how good they have it. Some don't know how to take advantage of what the geographical location has to offer - Anyone that would whine about Tampa has never been to a tough assignment in my opinion.

But as far as anyone praising the heat during the hottest part of the year?

That's just whacko, imo.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
23-yr vet here, was an Army Brat as well. Lived in over 30-40 places in total, maybe more. I'm used to hearing military families whine about their current situation, but only to reminisce about the place after they're long gone. Happens all the time. They don't know how good they have it. Some don't know how to take advantage of what the geographical location has to offer - Anyone that would whine about Tampa has never been to a tough assignment in my opinion.

But as far as anyone praising the heat during the hottest part of the year?

That's just whacko, imo.
I don't think it's very whacko, just gets old when the same person keeps making threads about the same topic over and over and then wants to fight me about our local weather knowing i have lived here for 50 years and lived for weather since i was 15.

OP may be in luck today as there is kink in the upper levels about 25 miles north of me making for some lift and a thin line of heavy rain. Will it make to my house? Or will it snow in July first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay