Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2013, 06:05 PM

30,186 posts, read 20,914,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I heard them called reverse west wind flow crabs.
Thanks to them kind of crabs, i won't see a drop of rain for at least another 5 days. Have not had a drop since last Sunday.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:14 PM

I don't need a fire suit at least to race my modded C6 Vette. These high temps also make engines feel like a slug.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:26 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,839,459 times
These are the conditions I spent the day in today. No AC and in a fire suit....racing. This is how much I love it outside here. It's freakin' awesome!

Would only have been better if I passed one more car and finished first, instead of second.
Attached Thumbnails
Now THIS is what I like about living here!-image.jpg  

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 06-15-2013 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 06-15-2013, 07:08 PM

892 posts, read 1,569,317 times
Quote:
I heard them called reverse west wind flow crabs.

It's called the reverse summer time pattern........

Normal summer time pattern = east/southeast wind in the AM and a sea breeze in the PM

Reverse summer time pattern = west/southwest wind in the AM and PM non stop

This pattern switches when the location of the high pressure ridge switches....

Why is this so hard to understand?

It is only referred to as a "sea breeze" if the wind started from another direction first.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
It's called the reverse summer time pattern........

Normal summer time pattern = east/southeast wind in the AM and a sea breeze in the PM

Reverse summer time pattern = west/southwest wind in the AM and PM non stop

This pattern switches when the location of the high pressure ridge switches....

Why is this so hard to understand?

It is only referred to as a "sea breeze" if the wind started from another direction first.
He just wants to yank my chain, plus he has no clue about how the axis of high pressure will control our weather.

Gotta love it folks.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:54 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,812,736 times
Quote:
This is precisely why we wanted to live near the gulf coast. We want the air from the gulf. It is most excellent.
What's the furthest one can live off the gulf coast and still feel the air coming off the water. I love having that slight breeze. Or does it depend on alot of different factors?

Quote:
I was racing a stock car late this morning. No air conditioning in a stock car and I was in a fire suit.
I have always wanted to do that! How fast do they allow you to go? And do you have to take lessons first?

Old 06-15-2013, 08:15 PM

892 posts, read 1,569,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
What's the furthest one can live off the gulf coast and still feel the air coming off the water. I love having that slight breeze. Or does it depend on alot of different factors?

I have always wanted to do that! How fast do they allow you to go? And do you have to take lessons first?

Many different factors.........anyone who says any different just flat out doesn't know what they're talking about........

Some days the sea breeze "penetrates" 1 mile or less inland......

Other days in "penetrates" all the way to eastern Hillsborough/western Polk county.......

It all depends on many different factors.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:26 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,839,459 times
Quote:
We live 3.5 miles inland and have had a good sea-breeze every single day we have lived here. However, a portion of the distance between us and the gulf is a huge lake, so there is little resistance facing a sea-breeze.

Quote:
There is no speed limit. You can go as fast as you want to go and/or can afford to pay to repair the crashed race car.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:46 PM

I just drew this 2 min map that even the OP can understand i hope. It shows how the axis of high pressure effects our summer pattern.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:27 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,812,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Many different factors.........anyone who says any different just flat out doesn't know what they're talking about........

Some days the sea breeze "penetrates" 1 mile or less inland......

Other days in "penetrates" all the way to eastern Hillsborough/western Polk county.......

It all depends on many different factors.
Quote:
We live 3.5 miles inland and have had a good sea-breeze every single day we have lived here. However, a portion of the distance between us and the gulf is a huge lake, so there is little resistance facing a sea-breeze.

There is no speed limit. You can go as fast as you want to go and/or can afford to pay to repair the crashed race car.
I'm assuming then I'll be a liiiiittle too far off the coast to get the breeze. Guess that means more trips to the beach and the coast then!

Thank you both for responding.

p.s. adding stock car racing to my ever growing list of things to do down there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay