Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 07:10 PM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

boy sure getting nasty in here,,, I am from S Fa and the winters here make me have pain in my bones.. Humidity wise- Its bad here bur S FL you feel the heat at 7 am on your skin/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 08:57 AM

78 posts, read 153,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
......to it being cooler than where you lived. For instance, I lived in San Antonio for a while among other places that were warmer than here. Wondering if not having that kind of heat here would condition someone to not be as adjusted to it and the lower temps here become the new norm......thus 90 start to feel hot?

I know some people who move from colder climates to here adjust to it being warmer, so what is hot to them at first no longer is hot down the road. NOT everyone. I said some.

I am from SA and have been all over the world with the military. Yes, you adapt. I think you still keep a higher tolerance for heat but learn to interpret 90 degrees as hot. I spent about a decade in SA as an adult but grew up all over. AK, LA, TN. I served in the military and went to Bahrain, Africa and Europe. Funny story: I was stationed in VA and deployed to Africa for seven months in our winter but their summer. I came back in March when hubby and I took a walk. I came out the door and shivered. "I think I need a sweater." I said and he laughed! and blew it off. I got to the end of the drive and had goose bumps I was so cold and I insisted on turning back for a jacket or sweater. He was so making fun of me. It was 76 degrees outside. lol I spent the summer laughing at everyone complaining about the heat in the 90's. I Africa it was 120 in the shade.
But then one year later 90 felt hot again, but not oppressive. Also, When I was in Bahrain I felt it wasn't as bad as people said and I had lived in Md for two years. Everyone else was dying of the heat and demanded to know where I was from. lol

Old 06-22-2013, 12:29 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,077,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
......to it being cooler than where you lived. For instance, I lived in San Antonio for a while among other places that were warmer than here. Wondering if not having that kind of heat here would condition someone to not be as adjusted to it and the lower temps here become the new norm......thus 90 start to feel hot?

I know some people who move from colder climates to here adjust to it being warmer, so what is hot to them at first no longer is hot down the road. NOT everyone. I said some.
I never feel hot in Europe any more LOL

Old 06-22-2013, 12:57 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikikans View Post
I am from SA and have been all over the world with the military. Yes, you adapt. I think you still keep a higher tolerance for heat but learn to interpret 90 degrees as hot. I spent about a decade in SA as an adult but grew up all over. AK, LA, TN. I served in the military and went to Bahrain, Africa and Europe. Funny story: I was stationed in VA and deployed to Africa for seven months in our winter but their summer. I came back in March when hubby and I took a walk. I came out the door and shivered. "I think I need a sweater." I said and he laughed! and blew it off. I got to the end of the drive and had goose bumps I was so cold and I insisted on turning back for a jacket or sweater. He was so making fun of me. It was 76 degrees outside. lol I spent the summer laughing at everyone complaining about the heat in the 90's. I Africa it was 120 in the shade.
But then one year later 90 felt hot again, but not oppressive. Also, When I was in Bahrain I felt it wasn't as bad as people said and I had lived in Md for two years. Everyone else was dying of the heat and demanded to know where I was from. lol
Thank you for the great feedback.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:37 AM

663 posts, read 1,144,053 times
I've never been to Africa, but if its not perfectly still and sunny, I'm putting a jacket on in 76 degree weather too.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
I've never been to Africa, but if its not perfectly still and sunny, I'm putting a jacket on in 76 degree weather too.
Do you have a medical condition? Seriously.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:08 AM

663 posts, read 1,144,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Do you have a medical condition? Seriously.
Yes, I'm thin and in shape. LOL

Seriously, I have No tolerance for cold. I was 7, growing up in Philly, I started telling people I was moving to Fl when I grow up!

Old 06-23-2013, 07:23 AM

472 posts, read 547,156 times
My wife will notice it when I move the thermostat from 80 to 79. Some people are born to be in Florida weather.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:37 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
Yes, I'm thin and in shape. LOL

Seriously, I have No tolerance for cold. I was 7, growing up in Philly, I started telling people I was moving to Fl when I grow up!
I'm fairly thin and in reasonably good shape and can't tolerate much more than 76 degrees unless I'm still and it's not sunny. LOL

Old 06-23-2013, 07:41 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiepoke View Post
My wife will notice it when I move the thermostat from 80 to 79. Some people are born to be in Florida weather.
Yep. HATE chilly or cold weather. LOVE heat. LOVE summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay