U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 11:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,417 times

Advertisements

Hi A
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 05:37 AM

35,316 posts, read 49,392,453 times
Downtown St Pete, the beach areas, ... nothing else comes to mind..

Old 06-28-2013, 07:18 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,788,520 times
Hyde Park

Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 AM

51 posts, read 86,032 times
historic kenwood in st pete

Old 06-28-2013, 10:27 AM

145 posts, read 216,262 times
How is the area of 54th Avenue S to 66th Avenue S mostly near I-275 area? I bought a condo there a couple months back. Lost job and now I am going to drive down there next week to start fixing it up. Hopefully when I come back home (when summer is over) the job situation will look better. Anyway, how is this area in general near the Publix and Magnuson Hotel at Sunshine Skyway? Thank you for any and all replies

Old 06-28-2013, 12:03 PM

94 posts, read 147,101 times
Depends on your Gender/Race, Sorry but it is The south side of St.Pete. We grew up area and it used to be great, As a old white guy ,Ya I would walk , would I feel ok with my grils (age 25 to 58) walking around anytime of the day or night? NO WAY!

Old 06-28-2013, 06:02 PM

Yes, it is south of St. Pete but like I said more toward I-275 area...at the Maximo park area and surrounding near by blocks. That is where I am interested in. No biggie...I'm driving down from Michigan next week to work on my condo. Going to spend a month or two in the St. Pete heat lol. I'll figure out what areas (near me, no time to case out all of Pinellas)are safe when I get down there.
Thanks for the heads up though!

Old 06-28-2013, 10:54 PM

94 posts, read 147,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinballdad View Post
Yes, it is south of St. Pete but like I said more toward I-275 area...at the Maximo park area and surrounding near by blocks. That is where I am interested in. No biggie...I'm driving down from Michigan next week to work on my condo. Going to spend a month or two in the St. Pete heat lol. I'll figure out what areas (near me, no time to case out all of Pinellas)are safe when I get down there.
Thanks for the heads up though!

Sounds like you are a White Male, no problem in the area, But for me I have a wife and Three 30 somethings that would vist in the winter. They would not walk from your Condo to the G store at 54th av so and 31st st so any time of the day. As a kid that area was all Florida woods really cool. The Lagoon at the Magusun Hotel, (We always called it the Outrigger) is were Al Capone was said to hang out, its the same Lagoon were your Condo is?? Maximo Park is a great place for launching a boat, Sunsets.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:36 PM

"They would not walk from your Condo to the G store at 54th av so and 31st st so any time of the day."

This is very alarming to me. That is the exact area I am talking about. Not any time of day? I was only down there once (when we bought it) and had to leave 2 days later for home and work. This was last March so that is the only time my wife and I were there. Her and I like to bike ride and walk so I am concerned about safety. My 3 kids will visit and use the condo on there own. They are ages 18 to 24. I am going to have to spend some extra time checking this area out. Should be no problem doing that while I take breaks from fixing up my place. When I google map the area it just seems real hard to find it any more dangerous than average. I mean all those water front homes are $$$ (I think) and it lead me to believe it's a safe area. I got a good deal on the condo so I did not spend much time worrying about the area...the deal was really a good one. It is down the street from that hotel that Capone had fun at

Peace and thanks for your thoughts!

Old 06-29-2013, 01:03 PM

65 posts, read 74,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinballdad View Post
How is the area of 54th Avenue S to 66th Avenue S mostly near I-275 area? I bought a condo there a couple months back. Lost job and now I am going to drive down there next week to start fixing it up. Hopefully when I come back home (when summer is over) the job situation will look better. Anyway, how is this area in general near the Publix and Magnuson Hotel at Sunshine Skyway? Thank you for any and all replies
common impressions about that area are misleading, which shld be good news for you -- since this in walkability thread, let me focus on that and suggest going 1-1/2 miles or so from there to Boyd Hill Nature Park (dirt & paved trails with water stops, nature, few people, small entry or annual fee) or for a short loop exercise "trail" with many people working out together, Bay Vista park. But the greatness of that location is the short distance to beaches to west (St Pete Beach) & southwest (Fort DeSoto) & to Gulfport (including marina with trails & gazebos) to northwest (btw, arts events, etc, at the beach communities), and there's even a bike trail that starts right from your area running along the east side of the Sunshine Skyway bridge. Can get on on mailing lists for Eckerd College events down the road. For shopping, can go south over the bridge, esp to outlet mall! yep, it's faster & better that fighting the lights to go to north St Pete. Also downtown St Pete is under 10 minutes quick shot on interstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay