Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 05:43 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,498,369 times

Advertisements

Here Are New Florida Laws Taking Effect July 1 | WLRN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 05:45 PM

bars left-lane drivers from going more than 10 mph below the speed limit if they know they are being overtaken from behind by faster-moving vehicles

Old 07-01-2013, 05:52 PM

Other notables:

HB 49: The "bong ban" prohibits the sale of metal, wooden, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic, or ceramic smoking pipes, chillums or bongs.

SB 92: Restricts the use of unmanned aerial drones by law enforcement unless a judge issues a warrant, there is a "high risk of terrorist attack" or officials fear someone is in imminent danger.

HB 1355: Blocks gun sales to some people who voluntarily admit themselves for mental-health treatment.

HB 1129: Intends to protect infants born alive after attempted abortions by requiring health-care professionals to "humanely exercise the same degree of professional skill, care and diligence to preserve the life and health of the infant" as would be the case in a natural birth. It also requires that infants born alive after attempted abortions be immediately taken to hospitals.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:23 PM

552 posts, read 721,629 times
I like them all except the bong ban. It also disgusts me that the abortion one wasn't already a law.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:31 AM

What's the deal with Fla and the recent DOMA ruling? Is Fla one of the 13 states that allows gay marriage?

Old 07-02-2013, 07:01 AM

641 posts, read 1,022,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHborn View Post
I like them all except the bong ban.
that seems dumb doesnt it?

Old 07-02-2013, 07:05 AM

443 posts, read 559,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
that seems dumb doesnt it?
I don't even partake and I think it's utterly stupid to ban them. People are still going to get high no matter what. The war on drugs has been, and will always be, a complete and utter failure. The only reason weed is illegal is because the federal government hasn't decided if their idiotic, puritan constituency would still vote them into office if they were to pass a tax on it.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:19 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,817,023 times
Quote:
It also disgusts me that the abortion one wasn't already a law.
I don't understand it. Who is supposed to pay all medical bills for a baby survived in abortion? And what about other long-term medical bills for a very sick child who was born too early to be healthy if the mother of that child decided she doesn't want him? I mean Florida already had Post-Viability Abortion Ban (or late-term termination), so as of now the survived baby will face all kinds of disabilities... who will be paying?

Old 07-02-2013, 07:39 AM

552 posts, read 721,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I don't understand it. Who is supposed to pay all medical bills for a baby survived in abortion? And what about other long-term medical bills for a very sick child who was born too early to be healthy if the mother of that child decided she doesn't want him? I mean Florida already had Post-Viability Abortion Ban (or late-term termination), so as of now the survived baby will face all kinds of disabilities... who will be paying?
I see money is more important to you than a human life, good job at being a human. I bet you don't have kids.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:54 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,817,023 times
Quote:
I see money is more important to you than a human life, good job at being a human. I bet you don't have kids.
First of all, you don't need to get personal. We are not talking about me here. I have kids FYI. I also have an experience working with disable kids who had very short life and their living were nothing like normal and healthy kids have - these kids were hooked to machines, they couldn't hear and they were blind... And after funerals families were left with huge medical bills and a pain in their hearts for a such a huge losses. Do you have any examples of survived abortion child (up to 22 gestature weeks)? I don't, but as I sad I witnessed short lifes of pre-term born babies (24-26 weeks) and aftermath... mind you their parents didn't try to abort them, and the new law is about abortions... about babies whose parents decided to get rid of them...

Right now abortions after 22 weeks are banned and new law is for babies survived the abortion prior to 22 weeks. Close to 100% of these babies will die shortly...

I would rather move the limits of post-viability range which will ban abortions way before 22 weeks...

Last edited by EngGirl; 07-02-2013 at 08:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay