Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:05 PM

164 posts, read 266,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
They are doing that now that they're enlarging it. What freedom is that when you make 100 people wait behind you so you can find change? who the heck is using change anymore anyway?

But still, there is a good portion that should be upped to 70. I feel like I want to nap at 60mph, mainly because the others do 50 when its 60!

I saw those cops under the bridges. They are waiting for the one speeding outside of the pack. But they must not know about those devices that detect their radars! hahahahahahahah

There was a guy yesterday speeding and wheezing through the rest of us, and i can bet 100% he had one of those things because he didn't get caught, he slowed down just in time for their radar not to pick up his speed; but me and the pack were doing around 65, and this guy passed us like we were standing still.
I purchased a radar that was $500. One of the best purchases I ever made...saved me more than a few times. IMO anything under $300 is a waste of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 01:37 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
After a net search and reading a couple of documents, the Turnpike division of the Florida Department of Transportation conducted a study and recommended the speed limits. More general information on how the speeds are determined by FDOT here --> Florida Department of Transportation.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:13 PM

484 posts, read 761,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Success3 View Post
I purchased a radar that was $500. One of the best purchases I ever made...saved me more than a few times. IMO anything under $300 is a waste of money.
Speed limits are meant to be broken?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay