Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 05:39 AM

244 posts, read 417,426 times

Advertisements

How dangerous tampa compared to rochester, ny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 05:43 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,269 times
we talking Port Tampa City here or Harbor Island? lol its all relative every city has good and bad parts...Tampa Ranks high in stuff like Larceny and Popery theft but ranks low in violent crimes (city limits of course)

Old 07-09-2013, 05:44 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
what's with that murder rate up there in Rochester - still got a mob element?

Last edited by Yac; 11-25-2020 at 04:32 AM..

Old 07-09-2013, 08:55 AM

what's with that murder rate up there in Rochester - still got a mob element?[/quote]

Are those statistics for what's in the city limits or do they include the suburbs?

Last edited by Yac; 11-25-2020 at 04:32 AM..

Old 07-09-2013, 09:12 AM

93,193 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt357 View Post
Are those statistics for what's in the city limits or do they include the suburbs?
For the city, but you have to keep in mind that southern cities tend to sprawl out more due to being able to annex land/unincorporated areas unlike cities up here. So, cities down there have outer city neighborhoods that are in line with first ring suburbs up here. Take a look at square mileage for both cities to see what I'm talking about.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:19 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Look at the population comparison, but honestly, to be accurate it should include city limits only for both cities. But honestly, there's no real way of comparing the two places. Its pretty subjective other than the numbers I provided. I guess you could glance at news sites (TBO.com) down here to get a feel. Don't bother looking at Bradenton. That' place is scary compared to Tampa. Same goes for some parts of St Pete. This area is very transient in nature. Lots of tourists, people moving down here from all parts of the USA looking for sunshine and jobs - so you can expect that there's less sense of community and therefore less responsibility taken for actions since many people don't feel like a part of the coummunity compared to cities up in upstate NY.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Look at the population comparison, but honestly, to be accurate it should include city limits only for both cities. But honestly, there's no real way of comparing the two places. Its pretty subjective other than the numbers I provided. I guess you could glance at news sites (TBO.com) down here to get a feel. Don't bother looking at Bradenton. That' place is scary compared to Tampa. Same goes for some parts of St Pete. This area is very transient in nature. Lots of tourists, people moving down here from all parts of the USA looking for sunshine and jobs - so you can expect that there's less sense of community and therefore less responsibility taken for actions since many people don't feel like a part of the coummunity compared to cities up in upstate NY.

I need specifics to compare I need to know for sure if that link includes suburbs or not.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:36 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
I need specifics to compare I need to know for sure if that link includes suburbs or not.
Tampa is really spread out, you would do better looking it up by zip codes. Also what makes it dangerous are you talking about violent crime, break ins, any police activity?

Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Tampa is really spread out, you would do better looking it up by zip codes. Also what makes it dangerous are you talking about violent crime, break ins, any police activity?

violent crime

Old 07-09-2013, 02:41 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
Tampa never seems to make the FBI's "Most Dangerous Cities" lists, but Orlando and Miami does.

That should say that Tampa's pretty safe. Like most cities, unless you're a gangbanger, a druggie, or live in a terrible area, you should be pretty safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay