Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 02:53 PM

205 posts, read 989,574 times

Advertisements

What airport are you trying to be close to?? I assume you are talking about TIA, but HOLY COW, Yankeetown??? That's really far. You are talking three counties north.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodliw View Post
Hi i want to relocate to tampa not too for from the airport.What do think about yanheetown?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 06:32 PM

254 posts, read 591,369 times
It really depends on your experience and background for one thing. Tampa has lots of jobs, but not many good paying ones. Actually, depending on your skills and background, you may want to stay in NJ for the better opportunities financially. However, if you are not so much focused on the financial aspect, Tampa is great for coming here, getting employed quickly, and settling in.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:47 AM

5 posts, read 28,913 times
Default jessiegirl_98 reply

It appears that the original inqury about Tampa has come from someone outside the state of Florida and unfamiliar of areas surrounding Tampa. Can you provide more detailed information about safe areas around Tampa. It might be helpful for others visiting the site from out of state as well.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:21 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,246,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee hasselled View Post
It appears that the original inqury about Tampa has come from someone outside the state of Florida and unfamiliar of areas surrounding Tampa. Can you provide more detailed information about safe areas around Tampa. It might be helpful for others visiting the site from out of state as well.

I will do my best, but I will say that I am also new to the area. So very safe areas include New Tampa, Tampa Palms, Westchase, Davis Island, Harbor Island, Hyde Park, much of South Tampa (some others may have more specifics).
I'm sure other posters can help you more, but I would say that while Tampa does have some not so great areas, it is easy to find very nice, safe areas to raise a family.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:13 PM

390 posts, read 366,482 times
I'd also add a decent portion of Temple Terrace to the "safe areas" list.

Never heard of anyone having problems by me. Gets a little sketchier the further SW you go, but overall not bad at all.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:17 AM

11 posts, read 49,917 times
Yankeetown is a very small coastal community. Have you thought about Ocala, Florida?
Horse farms, rolling hills and we are 1 hour frm attractions like Disney and Daytona.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:23 PM

12 posts, read 47,921 times
thanks for the link on Cost of Living. I put in Portland, Maine, going to Clearwater, Florida - VERY pleasant surprise.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:27 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siesta51 View Post
thanks for the link on Cost of Living. I put in Portland, Maine, going to Clearwater, Florida - VERY pleasant surprise.
Florida is definitely less expensive than NJ. I am from D.C. The South is just cheaper all around, except for Food.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:29 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,354 times
Are you serious? New York is awful period.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 AM

154 posts, read 533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Are you serious? New York is awful period.
What is so awful about New York? The fact that one can walk easily within a neighborhood (saving gas and the planet in one shot)? That there is the best public transportation system in the country? That there the choice of entertainment (music, theater, film, opera, dance, restaurants...) is limitless? That the architecture is stunning?.....
I am considering relocating to Tampa from NYC, therefore my comment are not against Tampa.
Please spare us of unsubstantiated negative comments of that sort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay