Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:52 AM

205 posts, read 989,628 times

Advertisements

Thank you for posting this TNWannaBe...I could not agree with you more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnwannabe View Post
I believe I read that you have lived in many other states including Europe? Were you that nasty to those people too??? That is probably why you left there and moved here. We see people with your disposition coming into Florida all the time, your nasty no matter where you relocate to! You should fit in well with all the other rude people who have migrated here because they were run out of the other 49 states, and Europe too!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:08 AM

23 posts, read 74,704 times
jammie, what didnt you like about florida? i remember reading where you were wanting to move here at one time. obviously you changed your mind, lol

Old 11-14-2007, 10:57 AM

428 posts, read 1,472,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedAChangeFromFL View Post
Have you been to St. Pete lately?? I have to say though, the people get older the farther north you...i.e. Zephyrhills area is nothing but people 60+.
Whatever statistic you are reading where the median age is 36 in St. Pete is most likely permanent residents who took part in the census, whereas half the people in the Tampa area are not year round residents (i.e. the "older" people) and they would not be counted towards the median age of residents.
I live in St. Pete. My neighborhood used to be primarily older retirees. Over the past 7-10 years they have "left" (for good)- now it's primarily young families. The young urban professionals were non-existent downtown, now they flood the lunch time restaurants. Plus add in USF (though I don't think they would be counted). THe older snowbirds are not as prevalent in St. Pete due to: mortality, conversion of mobile home parks, increasing prices. Many are retiring to different areas of Florida or to other states altogether.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 AM

132 posts, read 472,146 times
Fossil city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:18 AM

132 posts, read 472,146 times
maybe that is what needs to be done...we need to rename the cities according to their characteristics....yikes...Plant City!!!! not even going to go there kids!

Old 11-18-2007, 12:13 PM

192 posts, read 1,164,847 times
I struggled through reading all of the complaints in this thread, and if you'll indulge me I'd like to offer my opinion:

I believe that an unhappy, negative person will be unhappy here in the bay area - and most likely any other place as well.

Conversely, I believe that a person that is content with life's imperfect way, and is resourceful enough to deal with the bumps in the road, will be happy here in Tampa.

I think one takes their happiness or unhappiness with them when (if) they move. I've seen too many examples of it through the years.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:30 PM

98 posts, read 287,306 times
"The people of florida have ruined all of that though. That entire state is like a drain for the gutter slime of America. All of the garbage from the Northeast flocks there to live the lazy life on the beach. Sad...but true."

The ppl of FL have ruined it? You mean ppl like myself born in FL and loved what it used to be? The people (many of them) that have been pushed out and decided to move elsewhere b/c of what FL has become?

Old 11-18-2007, 12:38 PM

265 posts, read 665,056 times
I was sold a bill of goods. The bro-shures said it was paradise
and it turned out to be something less then that; yet not quite
Dante inferno
I've met more people that are hankering to get out of Florida!
Ya wanta get out? Stop cryin in your beer and praise up Florida.
How else we gonna sell them there houses?

Old 11-18-2007, 01:24 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,378,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinenjim2 View Post
That entire state is like a drain for the gutter slime of America. All of the garbage from the Northeast flocks there to live the lazy life on the beach. Sad...but true.
I normally dont post to remarks like these, but saying things like "That ENTIRE state", and ALL of the garbage from the northeast" is not a fact, and really just kind of rude...LOL...THANKS ALOT...

Last edited by tampaguy03; 11-18-2007 at 01:33 PM..

Old 11-18-2007, 03:42 PM

98 posts, read 287,306 times
ChinenJim2, oh, I got ya!!! I see what you meant... And as far as the other stuff you said, although I love FL and still live here, I agree with some if it. I have met some nice ppl from up north and a few nice Puerto Ricans, but there are a lot of undesirables here in FL. This is right. And you are right, some of the Floridians that have lived here for a long time now are nice, down to earth, wonderful ppl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay